𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Mustang was driving his car into Silver Street. As he expected, it was easy to get there. The houses and building of the street looked fancy and expensive. Perhaps that was the affluent part of the city.

He parked the car in front of the General's apartment building and got out to ring the doorbell. While he waited for the lady to open the door, he made sure the collar of his black overcoat was folded correctly and that he was well presented.

Soon, the front door opened to reveal the black-haired lady in a black boat neckline tight dress. Mustang was lost for words. The alchemist looked stunning.

'I guess I'll never see you wearing anything else than black,' Mustang smiled.

'I wear red sometimes,' she smiled back as she let out a small laugh.

The black-haired man gesture to his car and the two alchemists approached it. When the general was close enough to the door, Mustang opened it for her, and she got in. That was when he noticed the tattoos on her spine. Her dress had an open back; it looked like a V-neckline that showed all her skin above her lower back. She had at least twelve alchemic symbols tattooed, and they were all elements. He wondered why she had tattooed them.

'You have a nice car, Mustang,' Brewster commented once the alchemist was inside the vehicle as well.

'Call me Roy, please,' he smiled as he started the car.

'I've always found that name of yours quite awful, to be honest,' she admitted. 'So, I think I'm going to stick with Mustang. It sounds powerful.'

Roy felt pleased to know the lady's opinion on his last name. But he couldn't deny the fact that learning she didn't like his first name hurt a little.

'I see you have an exquisite taste when it comes to names, Brewster,' he teased.

'Oh please, don't torture me like that,' she said with a funny smile on her red lips that fascinated the man. 'I absolutely hate my last name.'

Mustang chuckled when he heard Scarlett's confession. He always thought the lady liked her surname. He just assumed that because he liked it.

'Maybe Scarlett Mustang would sound better,' the man said with a smirk.

'It definitely would,' the lady's voice became sultrier.

Soon, the alchemists arrived at the restaurant Mustang had booked. It was one of the fanciest restaurants in Central and Scarlett had never had the opportunity to go there, so she was pleased to see that was where they were going to eat that night. Her blue eyes shone as they walked inside the building and headed to the top floor where the dining room was.

The lady had always fancy gourmet food, so she was happy with Mustang's pick.

'You looked pleased,' Roy commented as they walked to their table near a window.

'That's because I am,' Scarlett smiled before sitting at the table.

The waiter handed them the bill of fare and left so the two alchemists could choose their dishes.

'I think I'm going with this shrimp curry,' the black-haired lady said.

'I see you like it hot,' Mustang teased with a smirk.

Scarlett laughed lightly.

'You are an interesting individual, Mustang,' her voice became more velvety as she spoke.

The reason why she had agreed on going to that dinner was to get some information about Mustang and about his plans as well. If she wanted to get her hands in that intelligence, she had to seem approachable and relaxed.