𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

Another day, another meeting with the always so boring senior staff. That morning, the topic was the Crimson Alchemist. He had just been released from prison on orders from General Brewster.

Envy had talked to the Dark Alchemist the night before about Marcoh's disappearance and how the doctor could be with Scar. Since Brewster didn't have time to go after the murderer, she simply transmuted a document with her signature that allowed Kimblee to be released from prison until he found Scar.

The lady was still too shaken up by what had happened between her and Mustang that same night to think much about that matter. So, she took the easy way out and just handed the case to someone she knew would get the job done.

'He is dangerous,' Brigadier General Fox argued. 'He has killed members of the senior staff before.'

'Yes,' Gärtner agreed. 'It's too dangerous to have him wandering around.'

'It would have been wiser if one of us had gone after Scar,' Raven commented.

'Are any of you alchemists?' General Brewster's voice was heard, and everyone shook their heads. 'That's what I thought.'

'But still,' another man began interrupting the lady. 'It would still have been better than having a psychopath walking around freely.'

'Absolutely!' Brigadier General Edison joined the discussion. 'It would have been better if General Brewster had gone after the guy.'

'I agree!' another said.

Soon everyone in the room was commenting and criticising the Dark Alchemist's decision and that was getting to the female's nerves.

'Maybe we should arrest him again,' Fox suggested.

'I think we should,' Edison agreed.

Suddenly, Scarlett got up. The room fell silent. Her icy eyes were filled with anger.

'Who's the strongest person in this room?' she raised her voice. 'Who is in charge of every little damn thing that happens in this country!?'

No one replied as they knew she was the strongest.

'You are paid to do as I say. If you don't, it would be my pleasure to walk you to your death,' the female spoke with seriousness in her eyes.

'Well, soon we'll be immortal just like you, Scarlett,' Raven spoke as he let out a small chuckle.

Scarlett leant over the table, so their faces were just a few inches away.

'Even then, I will be able to step on you like a bug,' she told him. 'And I'm your superior, so you call me General.'

After those words, the lady went to her office. All members of the senior staff were shocked. They had never seen the female lose her temper like that before. They had never seen Brewster's icy eyes filled with something that wasn't coldness.

While the old officers continued discussing and commenting on the alchemist's decision, the lady was reading the reports regarding the war crimes. They were too many and she hadn't been able to read all of them the day before, so she had to finish that.

The general was reading the files calmly and signing most of them so the cases would be closed. She was quite serene for someone who was reading about crimes and war. Her eyes were travelling slowly through the documents. There was nothing but seriousness in them.

But then, Brewster realized something. Her blue eyes widen, and she began spreading the files with her hands in an urgent and worried manner. Her file wasn't there!

'Fuck,' the Dark Alchemist cussed as she looked around trying to think of where the document could be.

That was when it clicked. It had to be Mustang's doing. He had been there the night before. If the alchemist had been able to find the Fifth Laboratory files, it would have been easy for him to get his hands on her file. That little alchemist detective wannabe was going to be the end of her.