𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

The sound of Scarlett's heels touching the cold stones of the sidewalk echoed in the night as she walked home after having spent some time at a bar nearby. She was thinking about the Elric brothers' decoding task. She ended up not being able to help them more. She had been extremely busy all week due to all the meetings she had had to attend.

Suddenly, the monotonous sound of her steps was interrupted by the faded sound of an explosion.

'The Fifth Laboratory,' the beautiful lady thought as she smoked her cigarette. 'Kimblee must be delighted with this sound.'

She didn't waste much time looking at the smoke cloud rising from the Laboratory in the distance and kept walking. When she was almost home, she began hearing some steps behind her. She stopped and then turned around to face who was following her.

It was Dorian.

Then, she paid attention to his eyes. They weren't as blue as she remembered.

'Envy,' Scarlett smirked making her cigarette fall on the ground to put it out with her foot. 'That trick is getting old.'

The homunculus returned to their original form immediately, feeling a little defeated that the woman had been able to figure them out.

'His eyes were bluer,' Scarlett explained before changing the subject. 'I assume you took care of the Fifth Laboratory.'

Envy began walking beside the young alchemist as they entered a dark corner. It was late and the city was empty. There was no one around that could see them.

Scarlett lit up another cigarette as the homunculus began speaking about what had just happened. Apparently, the Elric brothers decided to explore the old Laboratory after discovering the truth about the Philosopher's Stones' ingredients. She was expecting that. She had warned Wrath, but he didn't worry about it at the time and now there was nothing to worry about because it was all reduced to ashes.

'You should have seen the face of the pipsqueak,' Envy spoke with a smirk.

'Too bad he knows who I am,' the lady shared the same smirk. 'You still have Marcoh, am I right?'

'Of course. You should come to visit us sometime,' they said referring to their base underneath the Central Command. 'Father misses you.'

'I've been busy.'

'With that blond man? Only Lust to understand those desires of yours,' Envy spoke making Scarlett let out a laugh.

'He wanted to be immortal,' she laughed and then they joined her.

'I'd love to see his face when he realized how that's achieved!'

'He wouldn't be chocked. He had a pretty face but a dark soul,' the Dark Alchemist commented. 'Lust would have liked him...'

'She's with Gluttony.'

'As usual,' she said. 'I still can't understand how they let Scar go. Her confidence will be her demise.'

Envy agreed with Scarlett, but they didn't admit it. Instead, they changed the subject.

'Found any more sacrifices?'

'Maybe one, but I'm not sure if he is good,' the lady said clearly talking about Colonel Mustang.

'If you weren't Father's favourite human you would be one as well,' they said.

'C'mon, Envy, we both know I'm your favourite human too,' Scarlett teased with a smirk.

Her words were true. Envy liked the lady from the moment they met. It all had happened eight years before in a dark alley like the one they were in.