𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

General Brewster was drinking some black tea while reading a report a soldier had just handed her. It involved a criminal that had already been on East City. The Colonel should know about him, so the lady decided to pay him a visit in his office.

She knocked at the door and then opened it as she walked inside the room. The Flame Alchemist was on the phone talking with a woman named Elizabeth, but he ended the call as soon as he saw the General.

The black-haired lady stayed where she was with a stern look in her eyes. The tension in the room grew bigger every second and the awkward silence made it even worse. Then, she spoke.

'I'm taking care of a case involving a man named James Smith,' the Dark Alchemist began. 'He has committed some minor crimes in the east.'

'I believe I had a case involving him in my hands not long ago,' Mustang confessed.

'Good. Then I want a report with all the information you have on him,' the General ordered.

She could do it herself, but she had other plans for that day.

'That will require me to make many calls to Eastern Command,' the man argued knowing he had no time for those things.

'You have a phone, right?' the blue-eyed lady spoke clearly annoyed by the fact he was calling some woman instead of working. 'Then, use it.'

After that, she left the room.

Brewster didn't know everyone at Mustang Unit by heart, but she knew the unit well enough to know two officers were missing: Second Lieutenant Heymans Breda and Hawkeye. Falman had also been absent for some time... a simple flue would never last that long.

Another thing that was bothering the General was the fact that Mustang knew exactly where to find Ross. How did she even escape prison? Douglas had spoken about a mysterious armour... Could it be Alphonse? No, if it was him, the agents would've been able to recognize the Elric. Then, something clicked: it was the empty armours on the Fifth Laboratory!

Brewster took her phone and dialled Colonel Douglas number. He answered the call immediately.

'I want every single report regarding last night's incident on my office and I want it yesterday,' the lady spoke and then turned off the telephone to make another call.

'Sergeant Denny Brosh speaking,' the soldier on the other side of the line picked up.

'Oh, Sergeant,' the Dark Alchemist replied surprised that it wasn't Major Armstrong who answered the call. 'If your superior doesn't mind, I would like to have a word with you.'

'Major Armstrong is not here, so there won't be any problem,' the polite and friendly sergeant said.

'He isn't?'

'Fullmetal's automail is broken so the Major is escorting him to Resembool. They left yesterday,' he explained.

That story didn't make any sense. Why should they go to Resembool when Edward's mechanic, Winry, was in town? And why hasn't anyone spoken to her about Armstrong's absence?

'Very interesting. Where were you when you saw the Major for the last time?' the General asked another question.

'Uh... I was at the hospital. Mustang and the Elrics were there as well,' Brosh told her. 'That was when Dr Knox confirmed the body was really Maria's.'

The Sergeant's voice began cracking and the female decided she had enough information already. She didn't believe in coincidences and something was telling her it was Mustang who ordered the blond alchemist to go to Resembool with Edward.