18: Gabriella

The blue sky from earlier started to fall dark as the night sky bloomed. The sun was setting, falling low while the moon rises. The window was open and the night breeze had blew in giving the curtains a wave.

Tonight was gonna be fun I told myself, having both of my closest friends in my dorm just talking about our current life situations. I had got finished cleaning my room and grabbed some spare blankets and pillows from my closet.

Rosetta had came first and she had brought some crisps and biscuits that some of the house elves gave her. Amelia had joined a few minutes later and brought some face masks and nail polish.

We talked about school first, starting off with something more settled before getting in depth with our lives. Ro and Lia had started painting their nails, Ro picked white and Lia did lilac. I just applied the face mask instead of doing my nails.

"So, enough about the boring stuff... let's spill the real shit that's been going on" Ro implied.
"Agreed" Lia replied.
"Nose Goes" I said, placing my finger on my nose as fast as possible. Amelia did the same.

"Whores. That's unfair but FINE." Rosetta said. She had started talking about her and Grey, saying that they've been hooking up and sneaking around with each other. Crazy how much I totally related to her already. She then explained that she wanted it to get serious and he agreed but he never made a move. Me and Amelia were telling her how we all should just take matters in our own hands and show the boys who actually has the balls.

"I should've told you Em but seeing how Grey is one of our closest friends- I didn't want you to think I was choosing"
"Ro... I'm always going to be here no matter what. Besides I like seeing you two together."

Amelia went next after Ro, she seemed so nervous but she finally spat it out. She explained to us that after her break up with Ced, she wanted to try out new things. "So, during the summer... I had got with a girl. She's a muggle, her name was Lucy", she said while blushing. "It was both our first time of trying something new I guess, but that was all. I sort of fancy someone else now". Me and Ro widened our eyes at the story she told us.

"So, you two are okay with all this? I know some can be uncomfortable".

"Are you Mad? Of course we're okay with it" Ro said.
"More than okay! Lia, we support you no matter what. And we're always here for you." Said I.

I was so happy to see Amelia happy again, her breakup with Cedric really damaged her. She loved him and to see him become close with a different girl hurt her. She was so giddy after finally telling us what's been on her mind, Ro seemed happy too to get that heat off her chest. I still wonder if it's Pansy who Amelia fancies.

"Okay, now best for last. Who is this secret lover" Amelia asked.
"Oh you're in for a treat-" Ro added.

I began to tell her everything about Fred. From the tradition, to detention, the party, the shower, even the mini conversations we had in potions and in the locker room. Rosetta still seemed to be shock after everything I explained even though she knew.

Amelia sat quiet with wide eyes the whole time and her jaw nearly dropping to the ground. She couldn't believe it.

"I- ...Em I am lost for words ... wow. So you don't hate each other at all?"
"Lia hun, I had walked in after their shower and I can tell you right now that they don't hate each other."
"Gee- Thanks Ro....."

Something about Amelia's expressions didn't sit right with me. And I could tell Ro sensed it too, we shared a knowing stare before I spoke up.

"Lia, I could totally understand if you think it's weird I mean I know it's been happening fast and-"
I was cut off once Amelia got to talking.

"No. No Em it's not that. It's just- ..uh..there's this girl."

Before she even explained who the girl is or even how she's relevant, I knew exactly what girl she was talking about. It must be the one I seen fred with earlier. I nodded to give Lia time to explain.

"Gabriella, the one from this morning. She came along on the trip too and wouldn't stop babbling about the boy. She would share too much at times which made me stop hanging out with her."

She stopped to see my expression but it was still the same, serious. I was not mad, jealous, or shocked but I was intrigued. She also told us how Gabriella is Lee's cousin and they all became close mates.
"Anything else?" I asked.

"Let me find out they're together." Ro pushed out.
"They're not....anymore. Gabriella and Fred were going out and she would even spend time with him at the burrow in the summer when they were a thing a while back."

"What. The . Fuck." I said - in my head ...

Amelia then continued, "Gabriella told me that she ended it though. Something about a Slytherin boy she started catching feelings for, his name was - I forgot I think Judah... no Jason....or maybe even -"

"Jeremih"

"Yeah, wow. You know him?"

"He was my summer fling, Lia."

My heart stopped as I started to remember Gabriella now. After the fling, I had seen him with her one day at diagon alley when I was walking around. As I continued my path, I seen them through a window as they ate ice cream in Florean Fortescue's Parlour.

Ro was listening, looking more shocked than ever before. I had partly mentioned the summer fling to Lia since it was around the same time her and Ced were going through things. I felt bad talking about sad news including "love" to her at the time.

"So she cheated on Fred?" Ro asked.
"That's my bet but she said they were off at the time." said Amelia.
"But- why would she still be talking about Fred. The summer fling was before 6th year started." I replied.

"She had told me her and Fred hooked up few times during this summer before our trip." Lia added.

Thats when it clicked in my head. This whole time....this whole time Fred didn't hate Jeremih over stupid Quidditch ...he hated him because of Gabriella. Fred- Fred knew about Gabriella and Jeremih...he knew it and didn't think to mention that him and Gabriella were a fucking thing?

In the shower when I let him wash me, I told him about Jeremih ... I told him about the girl... the same girl that he knew exactly who she was when I was clueless. Maybe it's because I never asked him about his previous relationships, maybe he didn't want to talk about her.

"They're still close, aren't they..." I said in a sad tone.

"Gabriella mentioned how she wanted to win him back. They were off and on."

Great. Just fucking, Great.

------

HEY! LET ME KNOW ANYTHING IN THE COMMENTS PLEASE💚 also for clarification on any confusions; Emerald and Jeremih had a summer fling starting from June to the middle of august BEFORE 6th year. Fred and Gabriella went out off on from middle of their 5th year to middle of august in summer before 6th year. Gabriella and Fred were off at the time so she started falling for Jeremih and he did with her too. And Amelia and Ced broke up during summer before 7th year(now).