55: Setting Up

A/N: I know you all are probably waiting on the Smut and I haven't wrote some in a while so, sorry about that. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 3k!!

Today is my brother's Wedding and another day where I'd have to see Fred again. Mum wanted me and my father up early to help set up and it wasn't too much of a big deal for me but I would have to end up getting dressed at the burrow since I woke up late still.

The wedding wouldn't start till later since Crystal and Ash loved the Summer Night theme. Which meant that I would most likely be dreading the whole day for hours.

I made sure to pack all of my things in a crossbody bag before I even pulled myself together for the day first. I just threw on a black short sleeved shirt that was cropped and only wrapped around my breast, with some baggy blue trousers before my father had walked into my room.

"Have a minute?" He asked as he sat on my bed, tapping the spot next to him. So, I sat next to him on my bed and waited for him to speak.

"I know you and your mother usually talk about things that include...your love life and—" he sighed. I never seen my father get so emotional before but I could tell he was.

"Dad..." I chuckled. "Don't force yourself"

"No, no. I want to." he chuckled as well. "Now, you know I grew up with Arthur during Hogwarts. Right?"

"Yeah of course, you told me millions of times. Just like mum being the only Slytherin you lot ended up liking" I replied.

"Correct. But that's not what this is about" he took my hand into his and held it tight. "They've told me about their boy. The Fred one. You must be feeling terrible."

With all the frustrations going wild in my mind, and last nights fresh memories in my head—I had let my tears rush down. Now I had figured that mostly everyone knew, including Ash who would most likely talk to me about it too. I had caught him up with a few more events that happened, obviously skipping the explicit details.

"Everything happens for a reason, Emerald" he whispered.

"What?—" i sniffled. "I mean—i know you say that a lot but do you really think..that..him losing his memories was good?" I scoffed. "That me pushing him away again happened for a reason?"

"No, not good at all" my father comforted. "What i am trying to say is, throughout all the obstacles and all the pushing then pulling...there's a reason why you two keep ending up together in situations"

I didn't think of it like that before, but my father seemed to be right. Whether our actions were thought out throughly or not, i would always find my way towards Fred somehow. Weird actually.

"Welp" my father stood. "Are you alright dear?"

"I will be, I love you dad. You're not too bad to talk to after all"

"Mhmm doesn't mean I support the idea of you dating and doing Godric knows what. I'm not that old. I know what you young wizards and witches are up to." My father grew serious then chuckled at his next thought.

"You know with all the rivalry back then, me and your mum manage to sneak in the room of requirement and just—-"

"Okay!" I stopped him. "No details."

———-

After about ten minutes, it was now nine in the morning which was still too early for me. My mum had been in more than a hurry still but we all apperated together to Facile Falls.

I felt my feet change from the hard floored flat to now be standing in soft sunken sand. While opening my eyes, I moved forward to the beautiful waterfall. Not in the water of course, but close enough to take in the nice cold breeze that brushed off of the water.