50: Gifts

WARNING: little mention of the act of sexually doing something without consent.

Four days. It has been four days since the incident with Fred. 3 since he's been awake. For the past four days I've been in my dorm just sitting and wondering if Fred had remembered me or not. Fred's been in critical condition and today was the day I finally decided that I should probably see him.

There was a few times where Hermione and Ginny would come to my dorm and bring me my trunk and some food or they would just be there to comfort me. I had appreciated all of the Weasleys but some part of me deep down inside had felt terrible.

Ginny told me how they were spending Christmas in the hospital wing with Fred, she told me that they all wanted me to join but I was scared. I was so happy to hear that he remembered his family, friends, and even all of his life up to now.

But yet, no mention of my name.

Out of the four crucial days, I've only slept for two. My head wasn't in the right place. Hasn't been for a while now. It was time for supper and so I just dressed myself in some flared denim jeans with the sweater Mrs.Weasley knitted for me.

I was getting ready to visit the Weasleys when there was a knock on my room door. In my heart I wanted it to be the same redhead that would always come knocking. I made my way to the door with my wand and opened it.

"Hey, wanted to check on you before you'd check on us" the twin redhead said as my eyes filled with sorrow at the sight of him. Thinking of Fred while looking at his twin didn't help at all.

"I'm fine" I lied.

"Are you still mad at me? Look, I didn't know anything about this—I -"

"George, I'm not mad at you okay...I'm just stressed out right now. I know you didn't mean to do anything. You didn't know."

The day the Weasleys visited Fred, George told me how he ran down to see Fred with his pooled eyes. Happier than ever that his twin remembered him. George explained to me that he knew all about the date obviously. The day he left for hogsmeade, he told Angelina who told Lee who told Katie who told Gaby.

"Well, we haven't mentioned you yet. He is still recovering but just been sort of grumpy like
Before. Nothing too much to worry about." He smiled. "he'll remember you Em" George comforted me as he rubbed my shoulder.

George and I both walked towards the hospital wing together. My heart beating faster and faster as I became more anxious and nervous. If he remembers me then that's more than Great honestly. It's just what I'd do if he didn't remember me. There were two choices in my head to pick from.

One, tell him everything and just hope for the best that he'll remember. Or two, which would be harder. Don't tell him anything, and just...wait.

Everything happens for a reason my father would always say. When I was little I always thought it was rubbish, growing up I started to believe it.

"Ready Em?" George asked me as I stood near the double doors. My palms grew sweaty by the second. "If it cheers you up, you have a shit ton of birthday letters back at home. Which reminds me, thanks for the muggle music. I'll tell Ginny to bring your post along with Fred's stuff" George said.

I looked In the room to see that Molly and Ron had left to the hall to grab food for Fred as it was lunch. Arthur was helping with Dumbledore and even Hagrid as they've been searching for Gabriella. Speaking of the bitch, Dumbledore said that Jeremih must've been under the Imperius Curse. Mione told me that it would make sense that she used it Charlie too. I had felt sick to my stomach that someone could take advantage of another person like that. Gabriella had took advantage of Charlie in a horrible way and Molly said that she'd even kill Gaby if she was to ever see her again.