Chapter VI || Apologize

Jasmine's P.O.V

"I am not buying this."

We had decided to go shopping after visiting the hospital to check up on Kristy. The doctor said she was perfectly fine and that I had nothing to worry about. I was relieved to hear that she was okay. She's the only family I have left who at least cares about me, unlike our parents. So when it comes to her, I tend to become a mamma bear much to her dismay.

Now we were at Forever 21 with Scarlett trying to make me buy a red velvet romper that was too revealing for my liking.

"I'm not buying this, and That's final!" I declared, holding my ground.

"I'm going to make you buy it, and That's final!" she repeated, following my previous action.

"Why do you want me to buy this? What's wrong with my dressing sense?" I said my patience running thin.

"No offence but your dressing sense is worse than an old hag."

I sighed in frustration.

"It's times like these that I miss Viv so much."

"If it's any compensation her dressing sense is also worse than an old hag."

The Nerve of this Girl!

"Remind me to include going shopping in my list of things not to do with Scarlett."

"But you end up doing them anyway."

She's right I end up doing them anyway. 

Scarlett can be extremely convincing when she wants to be. I honestly pity the guy who's going to spend his life with her. That is if she decides on sticking to one.

"You know what I don't have the energy to do this right now. Let's go eat and then we can continue shopping." I spoke, hoping my plan would work.

Scar pondered over it for a second, but eventually, my plan did work, and she placed the romper down.

Phew, I'm glad that worked...

Kristen, who had been scrolling through her phone the entire time, hopped in, the moment she heard lunch.

"We could go to Mc Donalds or maybe that Japanese place we went to last time."

As I was going give her a reply when, I felt my phone vibrate in my purse. I took it out and saw Viv's name on the screen. I picked up and said,

"Hello"

"Hey, Jaz. Where are you guys?"

"We're at the mall. Why?"

"I'm at the airport."

"Wait, What? Kristen told me you'd be coming tomorrow. Did you take an early flight?"

She snickered and stated "I informed Kristen that I would be coming tomorrow, yesterday. Which meant I was coming today."

I glared at Kristen who seemed unfazed by it.

"Okay, we'll come as fast as we can." I replied as I cut the call.

Scarlett asked "Was that Vivian? What did she say?" she asked me with perplexion.

"Apparently she came back today and is waiting at the airport. She called me to come pick her up." I replied as I literally dragged Scarlett out of the store.