Chapter XXIII || Those darn glasses

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hope you like this chapter! <<<<<<<<<<<<

Jasmine's P.O.V

Three days later

"Mrs Valencian what would you like for breakfast?"

Fay asked.

Fay was the housekeeper. She was married to Charlie, and since wherever Nate went, Charlie also went, Fay would tag along.

"Anything will do Fay and I told you to call me Jasmine or Jas." I commanded.

"But Mrs Valencian, it is highly disrespectful to call you using your first name. I will not tarnish my dedication to the Valencian household." she said proudly.

I looked at her with shock evident in my features.

"Oh dear god! What type of hypnotising spell did they cast on you?" I gasped.

She chuckled. "The spell is called loyalty. Mr Valencian saved my family and me, and moreover, he is the reason I met Charlie."

"What do you mean he saved you and your family?" I asked, knitting my eyebrows in confusion.

"My parent's owed a cruel man a tremendous amount of money. He was older than my father, and when we told him we couldn't pay, instead of the money, he asked my hand for marriage. I was working in Mr Valencian's mansion as a housemaid when one day the cruel man sent his men to kidnap me since I refused to marry him. Mr Valencian saved me and paid back the money my family owed, freeing me from the forced marriage. Charlie was also one of those who helped rescue me, so we became friends and soon fell in love. I'm forever indebted to him and since you are his wife I'm indebted to you as well." she gave me a genuine smile, but I could see the pain in her eyes.

I didn't know what to say.

But from what I've heard from Fay, Clara and many others, I think I can conclude that Nate is kind and compassionate to everyone except me.

Heck, even Vivian said he seemed like a genuine guy. Am I seriously the only one he shows all his hate and anger towards? What did I even do?

"I'm sorry, Fay. If I knew it was a sensitive topic for you, I wouldn't have brought it up. You don't have to feel indebted to me in any way. I really think we can be good friends, but that would require you to call me by my first name."

After three days of persuading, Fay finally agreed to call me Jaz. I called Kristen to check up on her as it was her first day at her new high school. Fay and Kristen clicked instantly and discussed something very intently while I took a bath. I hope Kristen isn't up to something. After what seemed like forever, Fay handed back my phone.

We decided to make chocolate chip pancakes along with bacon and scrambled eggs. Fay was flipping the pancakes when she turned to me with a look of panic on her face.

"Shit, I forgot to make sir's coffee. Can you please make it and give it to him Jaz. I would do it but the pancakes would burn if I left." Why do I feel like there is an ulterior motive to what she's asking me to do?

"I can look after the pancakes. You could go and give it to him." I reasoned.

"NO!" she replied a bit too quickly, her eyes widening a bit. What's wrong with her all of a sudden?

"Please, Jaz, I don't like leaving while I'm cooking. Can you please just do this for me?" she pleaded. Ok, that is the most peculiar reason someone has ever given me.