Chapter XV || A jerk talking to an asshole

Jasmines P.O.V.

"Wake up Jas the plane is about to land."

I felt someone shake my shoulder and slowly opened my eyes. Vivian smiled brightly as she pointed towards N.Y.C. which we viewed from the plane's window screen. The city looked beautiful when observed from such a height.

I'm in N.Y.C., which just reminds me of everything I went through in the last few weeks. It's all becoming real. I'm getting married to Nathanial Valencian in two weeks. There was no escape.

Noticing the frown on my face, Vivian placed her hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry, Jas. We'll figure out a way to stop this wedding."

"There's no way to stop the wedding now, Viv. I signed the contract. It's over. I'm already half married to that jerk. There's no way out. I don't know what to do Viv."

"It's okay, calm down. Let's see what we can do. I don't want to see my Jas weak. My Jas is strong, and she will be able to solve everything and would never lose hope."

"You always know how to cheer me up Viv."

"Well, I guess this psychology course isn't completely useless. Now let's wake up those sleepyheads before they decide to sleep until this flight goes back to Seattle." she pointed towards Scarlett and Kristen, who seemed to be sleeping soundly.

We laughed and proceeded to wake them up.

Just because I don't like the man I'm marrying doesn't mean I shouldn't like the wedding. After all, it's the first time I'm getting married; I might as well enjoy it and ignore the devil.

New York City Here I Come.

====================================================

"Jas where are we going to stay?" Kristen questioned curiously while we exited the airport.

"Initially, we were supposed to stay with Tony, but I guess it wouldn't be appropriate now. So I think we'll just live in some hotel nearby." I informed them.

Vivian sighed and looked around.

"Okay then let's hail a taxi-"

"That wouldn't be necessary, ladies. The amazing Isaac and the somewhat okay Alex are here at your service." said a man who was wearing a black button-up shirt. Following him, there was another guy, but he looked a bit younger. The other guy scowled, looking at the man who just spoke to us.

"Shut up, Isaac. We don't want to gain attention, remember, so keep your voice down."

"I'm sorry who are you both?" I asked, puzzled.

"Oh Jas, we're your brothers-to-be." said the guy who I assume is Isaac.

"What?"

"Okay, now that I said that aloud it sounds cringy. Okay let me introduce myself from the start. I'm Isaac Ma-"

The other guy, whose name I think is Alex cut off Isaac " Enough, Isaac. You can keep your introductions for later."

He turned his gaze to me and said, "Ms Winters, Nate has sent us to drop you and your friends at the Valencian mansion."

That's when it struck me. I've seen these guys before. They were there at that party where I bumped into that asshole. If I'm not wrong, they are his friends.

"Oh, I see. Well, you can go and tell my lovely fiancè that my family and I will be able to look after our accommodations. I don't need him to do anything for us. We'll be fine on our own." I gave a sweet smile and walked past the two confused men.

Who does he think he is?

As if I'd want to be under the same roof as him. If I saw his face once before this god awful wedding, I swear I would lose my sanity.

"Ms Winters wait!" Alex called and ran up to me.

"What? Is it really that hard for you to understand that I don't want to see your manwhore of a friend? It's already bad enough that I have to get married to him in two weeks. At least let me be happy and sane till then. Seeing your friend would just rid me of those." I snapped, gaining attention from a few bypassers, but I was too frustrated to care at this point.

Alex seemed to be unfazed by it all. It was almost as if he expected me to react this way. Once I was done yelling at him, he passed a phone to me.

I gave him a questioning glance, to which he said: "Well, my manwhore of a friend wants to talk to you."

Shit, when did he even call him?

As if sensing my confusion, he continued: "Nate was on the line the whole time. He realised that you might pull a stunt like this, and that's why he stayed on the line to talk to you in case you went a little... overboard."

My face turned red in anger and a tinsy bit of embarrassment. Congratulations, Alex, you have successfully made it to the list of people I want to murder before turning thirty, in which Nate is on the top.

I glared at Alex and grabbed the phone from his hands.

"What do you want Mr Valencian?" I grumbled.

"I want you to go with Alex and Isaac to the Valencian mansion right now. No questions asked." I could imagine him gritting his teeth at the moment. He wasn't angry, he was fuming.

"And why would I do that? Going to the mansion means seeing your annoying face a lot and I don't want to ruin the little time I have in peace."

I heard him chuckle darkly with no emotion.

"Really, that's your problem? Don't worry; I don't want to see your hideous self either. I don't live in the mansion, and also, I'll be out of town for the next week, so you don't need to bother about me, love." he spat.

He has the fucking nerve and audacity to call me love?

"Don't call me love or anything for that matter. I'm not going to the mansion and that's final." I took my stand.

"Oh, I see how it is. Maybe I could prepone the wedding to this weekend. Anyways after the wedding, you won't have any choice but to stay at my house."

"What, no... Don't prepone. It's already bad as it is. You know what let's make a deal. If you promise not to come by for the whole week, I'll go to the mansion."

"How immature are you? But anyways if that's what it takes then fine. Now leave immediately with Alex, the airport isn't safe."

What does he mean it isn't safe?

Before I could ask, Alex not so politely pulled the phone out of my grasp, making me gasp.

He talked to the asshole for few minutes before ending the call.

Wow-what a lovely scene... a jerk talking to an asshole.

Once he was done speaking to him, Alex walked past me to where my friends stood with Isaac.Scarlett, Vivian seemed to really hit off with Isaac. They were laughing at something that Issac told them. On the other hand, Kristy was really quiet and kept staring at Alex which was weird.

At least Isaac didn't seem like a jerk.

Total no of words: 1171