Chapter XXXI || Start Over?

>>> Hope you like this chapter <<<

Jasmine's P.O.V

"Princess, I thought you weren't mad at me anymore."

Currently, we are flying back to New York from Bali, and Shawn is accompanying us as well. Shawn and Nate had become incredibly friendly these days. If I didn't know any better, I would say they're up to something.

"I said that I will be mad at you until you find a good way to make it up to me."

I turned my gaze towards the ghastly white clouds that were passing by.

"I'll buy you your favourite food for three days", He suggested.

"A month."

"A week"

"Three weeks"

"Two."

"Done", I agreed.

"But you better also get me ben and jerry's atleast thrice a week or else I'm going back to being mad at you." I added.

Don't judge girl needs her ice cream, people.

"Fine. Anything as long as you stop being mad at me." he huffed.

Truth be told, I could never be mad at him. But hey, if I can get free food and ice cream, maybe letting him believe that I'm angry wasn't a bad idea.

"So anything interesting happen between you and Nate?" Shawn wiggled his brows suggestively, making me throw a cushion at him.

"Hey, if you don't want to tell me, just say so there's absolutely no need to resort to violence. That could have done some serious damage." he shrieked, rubbing his hand where the cushion hit him.

If I hadn't known Scarlett, Shawn would be the biggest drama queen in this world.

"How is it that about a week ago you and Nate couldn't stand each other's presence and now suddenly you both are the best of friends?" I asked.

"Well, it seems we both have common interests, so what's the point in fighting when we both want the same thing." he trailed.

"Common interests? What interests could you and Nate probably share?" I inquired suspiciously, narrowing my eyes.

Shawn avoided my eyes and started to stumble on his words.

"Umm Jas––"

"Safety and security Ms Winters." Nate's calm yet controlled voice came from behind, startling me. I turned around to face him with a confused expression etched on my face.

"Dr Shawn's father owns a security agency, does he not?" he asked or, more like, stated.

"Yes I think he does own one." I replied, scrunching my nose.

"Well, Dr Shawn is helping me set up the security for one of my new high rises."

To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

"You're doing business with Nate? Business? Not Ballet Dancing?" I asked, astounded. I snapped my head in Shawn's direction, and he just nodded his head, laughing at my bewildered expression.

Ever since I knew Shawn, he always hated the term business. Shawn did everything in his power so that he wouldn't have to inherit my uncle's company. He even took up medicine because his stupid brain thought medicine was the one field where business wouldn't be involved, even though I tried to tell him "Grey's Anatomy", "New Amsterdam", "The Resident", and "The Good Doctor" said otherwise. In fact, part of the reason he stayed away from New York was that he was scared his dad would somehow force the company upon him. So hearing that Shawn was doing business with Nate was unexpected, to say the least.