Chapter XXIV || Teddy bear and Princess

>>> Sorry for updating late.<<< 

Jasmine's P.O.V

"Where to next Jaz?"

After a gruelling 3 hours, I was finally done with the list of things Scarlett and Kristen had asked me to buy for them. I had also bought some stuff for Vivian, Xavier, Chase, Isaac, Aiden, Irene, Clara and even Alex. Though it's established that we don't like each other that much, I wasn't planning to leave him out.

"It's way past lunchtime. Do you know any good restaurant?" I asked Charlie.

"Ya, there's a great place nearby."

Charlie dropped me off at the restaurant. I offered him to dine with me, but he refused sternly.

One thing about me is that I hated eating alone. When I was younger, I would even sit through my twisted family throwing insults at me during lunch, but I could never eat alone. Of course, it's childish, but I guess sitting through my meals without anyone made me realise how lonely I indeed was.

The restaurant looked cosy. I chose the table at the corner with a fantastic view of the shore.

I was going through the menu when my phone rang.

I picked it up, expecting it to be Scarlett or Vivian, but it was the idiot who couldn't make it to my wedding. Ignoring it, I continued scanning the menu when a familiar voice interrupted me.

"It hurts to know you're ignoring my call Princess."

I whipped my head in the direction of the voice to see the only guy who ever held importance in my life.

"Teddy bear? Oh my god teddy bear I can't believe it's really you!" I jumped in excitement and embraced him in a tight hug.

"The one and only, Princess. I knew it was you the moment you walked through that door. But that could also be because there aren't many ugly ducklings like you around here." he grinned as he took the seat opposite to mine.

"Shut up! I see you after months, and the first thing you do is insult me? Moreover, you missed my wedding, asshole." I stomped his leg hard, making him hiss in pain.

"Okay, I deserved that! But you know why I couldn't come. I even booked tickets but it was a last-minute emergency. I promise I'll make it up to you Princess." he pinched my cheeks.

Shawn is a pediatric oncologist. A very good one at that. He travels around the world to treat patients that other doctors have given up on. Unfortunately, he couldn't make it to my wedding because the child he was treating suddenly had an emergency.

"Yes, I understand the importance of your situation. It's just that I wanted you to give me away during the wedding. You are the closest thing I have to a brother." I gave him a small smile.

"I know and I'm sorry. I'll make sure to give you away at your future weddings." he joked.

"Sure you will. That depends on me planning to get married again. Anyway, tell me about the kid you are helping now."

His eyes lit up at the mention of his patient.

"Her name's Indah. She's only seven, and boy does she hate me. The first week she threw stuff at me every time I entered her room. But I guess it's safe to say that now we came to a truce after I bought her a ton of teddy bears. You should come meet her. She'd love to have a visitor."

Well, I did have nothing else better to do.

"Okay sure when can I meet her?" I questioned.