Chapter X || I'll see you in court mother

^^^Jasmine's parents^^^

Jasmine's P.O.V

Two weeks later

It has been two weeks since Vivian came back home, which meant that the wedding was in two weeks. Anthony asked me whether we could keep the marriage in New York, as many of his business associates would find it challenging to come to L.A. I didn't see any problem with that as I was inviting less than 30 people, including my parents and Tony promised to make sure they won't have any trouble coming to New York. So I agreed.

Me and the girls were now packing up for our plane tomorrow.

"I'm done!" Scarlett barged into the house with seven huge suitcases.

"Why do you need this much luggage? We'll be back after the wedding to shift; you don't need to do that right now." I asked puzzled.

"Oh, my poor innocent Jaz! Only two of them are mine, and maybe another one is for Vivian and Kristen; I packed the rest for you."

"I don't even have that many clothes." I gave her a deadpanned look.

"Your right, you don't, which is precisely why you would be bringing one duffel bag when you're getting married. Just because I disapprove of the guy you chose to wed doesn't mean I would allow you to wear pyjamas for the rest of your life. So I started buying clothes that would be enough to last you a lifetime when you told me you were engaged to that idiot last year." she finished looking content.

Tears threatened to leave my eyes as I looked at my best friend. I quickly engulfed her into a hug that made her squeal.

"Thank you! Thank you so much! This is so sweet of you Scar." I sobbed into her shoulder.

"Now Now stop crying, will you. I don't want to be that person who made the bride to be cry. I'd do this for Vivian and Kristen too. So stop getting soft on me." she gushed as I pulled away.

"I think I can expect a lot of dresses I would disapprove."

"That my friend, you can. Remember that red romper you refused to buy, well I went back to the store last week and bought it. Plus there are many more that would make Anthony go mad."

"Of course you did. I'm so lucky to have a friend like you Scar." I claimed grinning like an idiot

"I told you to stop getting mushy on me now."

"You know she's not the only one who got you something." Vivian called leaning against the door frame of my room.

Vivian looked at a puzzled looking Scarlett and me before she continued:

"I know it's custom that the bride and the groom choose wedding rings for each other but...I think this might be an exception." she stressed as she lifted a box and opened it revealing two stunning wedding bands.