Chapter XXXIII || Be My Date

PLEASE READ

I want to dedicate this chapter to my wattpad bestie @Samgirll for her birthday. Happy belated birthday Samyuktha!!! If it weren't for you I probably would have never published my book in the first place. Thank you so much for supporting me and keeping me going ❤️

Also guys I'm posting the first chapter of Alex and Kristen's book (Alexander's Queen). I thought that it'd be better if I write that book alongside this one as the plot lines have a lot in common. So please do give it a try and let me know what you think.

 So please do give it a try and let me know what you think

==========================================================

>>> Now on to the chapter<<<

Nate's P.O.V.

"I'm just pretending."

I lied to the deemed cousin of my sparkles.

My sparkles. Just the thought of her made me feel content. For the past few weeks, the only thing on my mind was her. The way she blows her hair that falls over her face, the way she jumps around every time she sees a ben and jerry tub in the fridge, the way she looks into my eyes with her mesmerizing violet orbs takes me to the brink of insanity. She's a drug, and I'm getting addicted.

At first, I was pretending to be a good husband to my sparkles. But that's no longer true. She makes me feel things I have never felt for anyone before. I tried to hate her, but I can't anymore. I want to spend my life with her, but I know that's impossible. Soon she's going to leave me, and I'll have to let her go. But till then, I want to spend every single second I can with her so that I can hold on to those memories once she's gone. She's mine, and no one except her can tell me otherwise.

"Why? Why are you lying to her?" the doctor asked through the phone, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"To distract her. Now that she's too confused to think about anything else, she stopped looking for answers." I explained.

It's true, at first that was my plan. I wanted to divert her attention from looking for answers by making her focus on me. If she had continued looking for answers in places she shouldn't be, it could have resulted in her getting hurt or, even worse, dead. My plan was just to keep her occupied for a couple of days, but days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. I don't know how it happened, but slowly I stopped pretending, and things became real. I started to develop feelings for her without even realizing it.