Chapter XXXV || Chemistry Homework

Hey guys. I know 2 updates in a week. Surprise

But honestly I have a physics exam tomorrow which I should have been studying for but truth be told I know I'm failing anyways so I provide you with one of my most favorite chapters I've written. What can I say? Exams really do bring out the best in you.

Anyways things are going to get a little bit steamy today so tell me what you think in the comments. 

>>>Now onto the chapter<<<

Jasmine's P.O.V.

Have you ever experienced heartbreak?

I haven't, or at least until now.

It's a horrible feeling because it's not the heart that hurts. It's your soul, conscience, and intellect.

It feels like a slap right in the face. A slap that showed you the reality of the world. Of love.

My mind was hazy as I stared at the duo on the bed. I let my eyes search for answers in Nate's, but I saw nothing. It was blank. There was no worry, no distress. It seemed like he was completely in control like he knew exactly what he was doing. I then moved my gaze to my cousin. Her face had a smirk that screamed, 'I told you so'. I should have listened to her, I should have been careful. I should not have fallen in love with Nate.

I felt tears brimming at the corner of my eyes, threatening to fall out, finally bringing me out of my trance.

No, Jas, you shouldn't cry. They're not worth your tears.

"Na...Nate," I called carefully.

Nate seemed to finally break out of his trance, too, because he finally blinked and a look of anger swept through them. He got off of the bed, and that's when I noticed the state he was in. His hair was tousled like someone ran their fingers through them, there was a lipstick stain on his left cheek, and the first two buttons of his shirt were open, with his coat nowhere in sight. Sophia didn't make any gesture to move, and I realised why. Her dress was lifted almost up to her stomach, and her hands were handcuffed to the bed.

Oh dear god, I think I'm going to puke.

Before either of them could say anything, I beat them to it, not wanting to spend another moment in this room.

"I'm sorry for intruding. I...I'm going home, Nate. I thought I should inform you. Also, if you end up catching any STD from her, don't say I didn't warn you." I spat, my voice filled with venom.

With that, I turned around and stormed back into the same hallway where I had previously ran through to profess my love. Life is full of surprises, isn't it?

I could hear Sophia scream some profanities, but I couldn't care less. I needed to get out of there before I started to cry. I can't let him know that he affects me. It'll prove to him that I'm weak and that cannot happen.

Then again, I shouldn't cry because I didn't have the right to. I was the one who told Nate that he could sleep around as long as he kept it away from me. I was the one who permitted him to do so. Then why am I crying?

But things are different now. I didn't expect to fall for him. I didn't expect to stay. I didn't expect to want this marriage to be more than just a contract.

It doesn't matter anymore.

I've never cried over a guy, and I never will.

Just as I thought so, a teardrop fell on my cheek, exposing me. I roughly wiped away the tear and any other trace of it.