Chapter XXV || Messages?

>>> I have something special stored for you in this chapter. Hope you guys enjoy;)<<<

Jasmine's P.O.V

His voice alone sent tingles down my spine.

I was pulled away from Shawn by none other than my husband.

I looked up at him to see that he was having a staredown with Shawn. Both parties were burying each other 6 feet under the ground with their glares while I stood in the middle of the awkward silence with my husband firmly holding me.

After what seemed like an eternity, Shawn decided to break it.

"She isn't going anywhere with you." Shawn declared.

"Watch me take her with me." Nate challenged with equal ferocity as his grip on my arm tightened.

"Oh yeah we'll see." Shawn took a step forward, almost daring him to a fight. And by the looks of it, Nate wasn't backing down either.

This isn't good!

Before either of the cavemen could do something reckless, I tore my arm away from Nate, stepped in, and pushed them apart slightly, hoping to create distance between them.

"Okay, both of you need to calm down." I turned my gaze to Shawn with an apologetic smile. "Teddy bear, I have to go."

He gave me a sceptic look but just nodded nevertheless.

"If anything goes wrong, my door's always open princess." he muttered the first part, directly looking at Nate.

He gave me his signature bright smile and leaned in to kiss my forehead. I could feel Nate stiffen behind me, but I just chose to ignore.

With that, Shawn walked back to his car and drove off into the starry night, leaving me alone with the devil.

I expected Nate to lash out or threaten me, but instead, he just walked to a black BMW and got in, slamming the door loudly behind him, causing it to vibrate. No doubt he imagined me in place of that poor door.

I knew he was furious, so not wishing to make a scene, I got into the passenger's seat, and Nate took off into the night, not even sparing me a glance.

We reached the beach house within 20 minutes. Nate got out and stormed inside, leaving me inside the car. I just stayed inside the car, confused as to what could have made Nate this angry. Sure I defied him, but he couldn't possibly be this mad because of that.

Minutes later, Fay rushed out and took me inside. Charlie was in the kitchen as well, looking very upset. When he saw me approach, he gave me a disappointed look.

"What you did today was not cool Jaz." he commented.

"Charlie––" Fay gasped.

"No, he's right, Fay, he was responsible for me, but I ended up doing something that would get him into trouble. I'm sorry Charlie. I honestly didn't think Nate would be this mad." I apologized sincerely.

"You don't get it do you, Jaz? I'm not worried about my job. You should know better than to just go off like that. You know what, forget about this, and it would be better for you if you don't pull a stunt like this again. I'm saying this as a friend. It's up to you to listen or not." Charlie left the kitchen, and Fay followed close behind but not before giving me an apologetic look.

Is wanting to hang out with my brother such a brutal crime? I know I should have acted more maturely than I did, but why is everyone treating me like I committed an unforgivable felony.