Chapter XXX || 15 Kisses

>>>Hey guys this chapter is mostly on Jasmine and Nate. Let me know what you think<<<

P.S: Comment your ship names for all the couples:)

Nate's P.O.V.

I watched her sitting on the sand and staring blankly onto the vast ocean.

After I told her about my mother, I knew I would reveal everything, making my plan crumble to pieces if I were there any longer. I stormed off, leaving her at the warehouse not before instructing Charlie to bring her back.

After that night, she avoided me at all costs. Whenever I was at home, she would either lock herself in her room or spend time with Fay in the kitchen.

But today, she sat on the beach just staring at the water for hours. Fay told me that she refused breakfast and said she wanted to be left alone for the day. She just dismissed it, saying that it was her sister's birthday and she missed her, but I didn't believe that. Something was off.

"We're heading back tomorrow." I announced, hoping for a reaction but received none. If it weren't for the way she slightly flinched at the sudden noise, I wouldn't have known she was listening.

When I decided she wasn't going to reply, I turned around to head back, but the words she uttered next made me go still.

"The woman in the picture. She was your mother wasn't she?"

My head flipped back to her, but she was still staring at the ocean. I should have walked away, but instead, I found myself sitting next to her in the sand.

"Yes she was."

There was a short pause, where we just sat next to each other and watched the waves crash onto the shore.

"You know my mother didn't always hate me." she murmured.

I could hear the sadness in her voice as she said those words.

"I remember her taking me to parks and playing catch with me. We used to spend hours in the kitchen baking cookies and laughing at how horrible they tasted. She would tell me a story every night till I fell asleep and kiss my forehead when I did." she continued.

"When I was four, my mother became pregnant. I was thrilled to have a sibling. I loved the baby so much before it was even born, and it increased when I found it would be a girl. I promised my mom I would protect my sister and make her feel like she would always know her sister would be there for her. But instead I became the one who killed her."

She lowered her eyes to sand, staring blankly at it.

"One day, we went to our family lake house. My father had gone out to buy something whilst my mom and I were sleeping. I woke up before her and went out to the lake by myself. I don't remember how but suddenly I was in the water, and I couldn't swim, so I started crying as I felt myself drowning. My mom came rushing and jumped in the water to save me even though she was heavily pregnant. She rescued me, but her stomach hit something before she got out of the water, and blood started to flow. I didn't know what it meant then. My dad rushed her to the hospital, and the doctors said my mom was in a very serious condition. She was in the I.C.U. for a couple of days when finally the doctors declared that the baby had died."

I saw a lone tear escape from her eye, causing something to tug in my heart.

"As a four-year-old, you'd expect me not to understand any of this, but Elizabeth constantly reminded me I killed the baby, and she was right. If I had stayed inside the house, my mother wouldn't have lost her baby. After a few days, my mom came back as a completely new person. She started to scold me and say that she never wanted to see me again. Over time it got even worse; she began to hate me more. When she found out she was pregnant with Kristen, she left me alone with Elizabeth saying that I might kill this baby too. I cried and begged her not to go, but she didn't listen. Elizabeth and Sophia would abuse me every day, and whenever my mother came to visit, I pleaded with her to take me with her because of what they did, but she would laugh and say that Sophia was just giving me what I deserved."