Chapter 2.

Scott

When I looked back on the last year of my life, I am blown away by how much it has changed. And with how much has happened, for me both good and bad.

I got to be a father.

I reconnect with the love of my life.

Opened a nightclub.

Got in engaged to the love of my life.

Lost a baby, I didn't even know I wanted so much.

Almost lost the love of my life, at the hands of a stalker.

Learnt to forgive my mom.

Tried to be a rock for Ella as she deals with her own family issues.

And most of all...I  married the love of my life.

When you list it in your head like that, it's crazy and hard to believe that all that has happened for me and for Ella too, in a year, in 365 days that is what we've faced and overcome together.

It also puts a few things into perspective and this last month or, so I've been doing a lot of thinking about my own personal future, especially when it comes to football.

Football has been my whole life near enough, I've spent years getting to where I am now, sacrifices things that I should have never been told to and did. Honestly it turned me into a man that I never saw myself becoming, nor did I ever want to be.

Ella and Remi...my girls. They are the reason I'm no longer selfish, that I'm no longer the person I was before they came into my life again.

Its way I've chosen to retire from football. I have a few months left on my contract with my current team, I will have to speak to my coach about it first, but I feel like this is the best move for myself and for my family.

I could have another ten years in football, but I don't want that and quite frankly I don't think my leg has two more years never mind ten, after the accident, my leg it was always a matter of time before it started to get weaker and effected my ability to play to way I used to.

Also, I want to focus on my business, the club is doing really well so well that it could possibly be more in the future, enough to open up new locations. But I have to be there and put all my energy into it, also it means I will have more time to spend with Ella and Remi, trying to be the best husband and father that I can be for them.

Ella and me we haven't spoken about it yet, but at some point, in the future, I would like to expand our family and add another member.

And I just feel like I can't do that if I'm still playing football and having to travel so much, if we do ever get pregnant again, I want to be there this time. Ella deserves me to be there the second time around, I just feel like this is the right move for us all.

Snapping out of my own thoughts and climbed into Oliver's car, I needed a ride and he offered.

"So, have you told your wife about your plans yet?" Oliver asks me as soon as I get in the car, flicking my eyes to him just as he pulls off driving.

"No not yet, I need to speak with my manager and coach first before I tell Elly".

"Are you sure that's a good idea Scott" He asks me, letting out a deep sigh.

"Yes, I am, you know her she will try and talk me out of. Saying how football is who I am, what I've always wanted-;" I cut off practically hearing her beautiful voice in my own head.

Oliver keeps his eyes on the road in front of us but speaks up.

"Well, she would be right, you've worked your whole life to get to where you are now. You give Ella up the first time for football, why give it up now?"

Throwing him diggers as he brings up me leaving Ella years ago.

"Thanks for that reminder" I snapped a little at him before carrying one,

"And your right I have worked my life for this, but dreams change and so do people, Ollie I'm tired, I'm getting older, my leg is not what it used to be, and I finally have what I wanted with Elly years ago, I refuse to let anything jeopardize that, football and having to travel included in that". I said explaining my reason for my choice.

"Look you know I'm always on your side, so if you are sure about this then I will support you" Oliver announced, nodding my head just as the car stops outside.

"Thank you and thank you for the ride-;" I replied and started to get out of the car but stop and turn back around to face him.

"Check in on my girls for me later?" I ask him,

I know that Ella and Remi will be fine for one night, but even though she won't admit it to me, Ella still has nightmares, but she wakes up screaming at night I hold her until she falls back asleep in my arms. And she's still afraid to be in the house alone sometimes, and with her not talking to her mom right now, I just want someone there for her when I can't be.

"Always Scott, Amanda has been going on about a girl's night with her sister-in-law and niece anyways," He says, nodding my head and smiled, before shutting the door and watching him drive off.

I feel better knowing that Ella has Amanda and Oliver looking out for her, I'm glad that she won't be alone tonight, and tomorrow I will be back with my girls, vowing to never leave them alone for one more night ever again.