Chapter 27.

Scott

Stepping through the front door of our house and took a deep breath. For weeks we've all been putting on brave faces for Remi, telling her that mommy is okay she's just sleeping to get better, and she will be back with us soon.

But I'm coming to see that there is a possibility that Ella might not wake up. And for the last few weeks I've pushed that thought away out of my head, because the thought of living in this world without her, is something that I can't bare myself to think about, because my heart wouldn't survive without hers beating along side of mine.

That said though, it's just not me that I need to think about or be here for. I have to think about Remi and the twins, I need to do what's best for all our kids now.

Starting with trying to get Remi to understand that mommy might not be home for a while but how do I even begin to explain that pain to a small child, who just wants her mommy to come home.

"Hi Scott, Oliver said you were coming home for bit. How's Ella and the twins?" Snapping out of my daze to see Amanda standing in front of me.

"The twins are great, getting stronger each day-:" I broke off.

"There's still no change on Ella" I whimpered.

"I'm sorry, Remi is in her room" she replies. Nodding my head and mouthed thank you, before heading upstairs.

Taking a deep breath and sighed before knocking on Remi's half open bedroom door.

Watching as she's lifts her head up from her little pink table and chairs, where she is currently sitting, colouring in her books.

And looks at me with a bright smile.

"Daddy your home" she says, putting on a brave face and stepped into the room, walking over to her and take a seat on the floor next to the table and chairs.

"I am lady-bug, how are you?" I ask her, Remi looks shrugs her shoulders.

"I miss mommy, when is she coming home?" She asks me sadly.

"That's what I need to talk to you about sweetheart"

Looking at my daughter for a moment and just took a breath.

"Mommy is resting right now, she got poorly and the doctors they are helping her get better, so she can come home to us, but-; -" I broke off.

"But what daddy? -" she asks me quietly.

"It might be a while before mommy comes home to us Remi"

"I want mommy to come to home! I want mommy to come home with my brother and sister" she cried as her little lip wobbled.

I don't want to upset her, and I don't want to make her cry, but she needed to understand what was going on around her, especially if the twins come home before Ella does.

"I know you do honey, I want that too, but she needs to be at the hospital for now so she can get better so she will be able to come home to us" I tried explained to her.

"I just want mommy" she cried, nodding my head and let my own tears fall as I pull her into my arms and soothed her, I hate this for her, I hate that she's hurting like this and as her dad there isn't anything I can do to make it better for her.

"I know you do sweetheart, so do I more than anything. And hopefully she will soon" I whispered, as she cries into my arms.

" I love you daddy."

" I love you too Remi" I say to my daughter.

"Sorry to interrupt but Oliver just called-" I looked up the sound of Amanda's voice.

"You need to get back to hospital now Scott.....It's Ella"