Chapter 20.

Scott   

Driving back from the cottage, the last few days have been perfect, Ella's been relaxed, and it's been so good just spending time together, but I can't wait to get home to Remi.

But first I have one last surprise for my wife, I guess you could say I took some of my mother's advice, before planning the babymoon I also went looking at new houses for us.

We need a fresh start away from that damn house, and I want to do this before the baby comes.

Gail helped me find this beautiful house, just about ten minutes from her and Riggs. Four-bedrooms, three bathrooms, an office for Ella to work out if she needs too, a big family film room, a massive backyard for Remi and her sibling to play in, in the future, it's a quiet neighbourhood and safe for families.

It's perfect for our growing family and I think Ella will love it, I hope she will love it, I think this is what's best for our family.

I know Ella, she says she doesn't want to move, but I know that she hates our house now, I can see that in her eyes. But she's stubborn and she's strong-willed, too her moving means Kylie won, but I don't see it like that.

I see it as us moving past kylie's crazy ways and building a new home that roots from our love and the love for our family.

Pulling out of my thoughts and pulled the car outside what I hope will be our new house.

Ella looks at me as the car stops with confusion.

"How come we've stopped" She ask me, locking my eyes on hers and smiled.

Before pointing to the house in-front of us, her eyes follow my lead.

"It's beautiful, but babe why are we here?" She asks again.

"This is your surprise baby...it's ours" I announced. 

Ella's eyes flicker from the house and then back to me, shock all over her face.

"You bought us a house.... but we already have a house" She mumbles.

"I know that we already have a house, and that house will always be special, because it was the first house we bought together-;"

"So why buy this one?"

"Because as much as I loved the life we had there, I hate that house now. And I think you do to but are too stubborn to admit it" I replied with a smile.

"I'm not stubborn-;" She starts to argue with me but then shakes her head.

"Maybe you are right about the house, it doesn't feel like the home it once was"

"So are you happy? Happy enough not to kill me in my sleep for going behind your back with this" I laughed off, I don't want this to cause a fight between us, I know how much Ella hates it when she has no control in things.

"Your save for now at least, but Scott I'm two and half months away from giving birth, is it practical to move right now" she asks me.

"I think we can manged it, the designer has already been in. I went we similar colours to the old house, so the furniture we have will go with it-;" I broke off.

This has been in the works since I talked to my mom, once the house was ours. I got Amanda and Oliver involved, they sorted out the designer.

Ella designed our current home and I know how much she loves it, so I made sure to keep with the same colours and such.

And while we were away Oliver and Amanda asked Remi how she would like her new room and then they sorted that out for me yesterday, so Remi's room should be ready to be moved in too as well, same as the rest of the house.

There is one room in the new house that I designed myself with the designer's help and that was the nursery for the baby.

And I pick out, bought and even put up all the nursey furniture before we went away and placed them in another part of the house until the painting and everything was done.

Because we don't know what the baby's gender is, I went with Grey walls and white colour scheme.

And Oliver was kind enough to set up the nursey for me this morning before I brought Ella over, I wanted it to be ready, I wanted to show her.

"It's basically ready for us Ella, when we're ready to move in" I said to her.

"So what do you say babe? Is this our new chapter" I added with hope.

Ella looks over to house, her eyes lingering there for a moment. Watching as she gets lost in her own thoughts for a second or two, until she finally turns her attention back to me.

"If we do this, can you promise me one thing Scott? -;"

"Anything Elly" I promised her without even hearing her question, because as I breath I will do anything in my power to make her happy.

"That we leave the shooting, the attack and Kylie behind us. Because I'm tired of it, even almost a year later it feels like she's won that she's still haunting us, and I don't want that. Because she hasn't, so if we move into that house, promise me that she won't be a ghost to us anymore" Ella says to me.

Thinking over her words, I know what she means. Most people think she's over what happened to her because it's coming up to a year, but the scars are still there, the nightmares are something she's always going to have to face.

And that day changed a lot of lives, Ella's right Kylie has been a ghost haunting us and we didn't even realise it.

"I promise you..." I whispered to her, Ella looks at me and nods before leaning over and kissed me gently.

"Then show me our new chapter" she smiles and climbs out of the car, following her out of the car and stopped in-front of her as she holds her hand out for me to take.

Taking her hand with a smile as we walk up to our new home, our new start, our new chapter together with our growing family.