Chapter 19.

Ella   

When we first got on the road, I wasn't sure where the hell we were going. Scott planned this whole trip as a surprise for me and he was very tight-lipped about where we would be staying.

Which I will admit drove me crazy, but then we pulled up to this little cottage by a lake and it was beautiful, quiet and isolated, it was perfect for us.

And the last two days have been perfect, just the two of us, embracing one another again, just the little moments of the two of us together.

Tonight, is our last night here and tomorrow we go home, I am sad to leave this place because it is beautiful, but I can't wait to get back to Remi and the madness of Disney films.

Pulling out of my thoughts and pulled my eyes away from the burning glaze of the fireplace.

We're currently sat on the rug in front of the fireplace, and it's blissful.

Glancing over to my husband this whole trip he's been a little quiet and lost in his own thoughts. And that's not Scott, he's never quiet and he never looks lost.

But I've seen that look before, that lost look of regret and that lost look of fear.

The last time I saw that look was when we were in college and I was left alone, but I know that's not the case here, we've been through so much and we've fought so hard to get to where we are today, so self-doubt and the past doesn't mean anything here, at least to me anyways. But something is bothering him.

"Babe, what's going on? I know that look, tell me" I announce to him, gaining his attention.

He locks his blue eyes on me for a moment, eyes that are full of love and devotion.

"It's nothing Ella.." He replies, shaking my head and moved closer to him so I was sat right in-front of him and we were face to face.

"Let's try that one again should we and don't lie to me"

He sighs and then nods his head.

"I was talking to my mom the other day about the baby, I'm man enough to admit that I'm scared baby....Remi was a kid when I met her she was this little human, a baby is a whole other ballgame, mom said that even though I'm already a father, this is my first experience with this so I'm basically a first time parent in some-way" He explains to me, his eyes never leaving mine.

"I hate to say it, but your mom is right, you are kind of new parent. This is going to be your first time with dippers, bottles, sleepless nights, crying and teething. And for the first time it is overwhelming and it's scary-;" I broke off and took his hand in mine, rubbing my thumb over his wedding band.

"I'm scared too" I admitted.

"Are you?" He asks me, nodding my head and gave him a small smile.

"Yeah, everyone says it's a big leap going from one child to two. And I'm scared that something is going to get lost in all the chaos" Scott looks at me confusion in his features.

"We have two full time jobs between us, with have Remi who has school and ballet, plus all the other activities that she has. And soon enough we're going to have a new-born, I'm worried that all that is going to break us and we're going to forget the us in it all" I added. Scott lifts my chain gently, so I was looking at him again.

"I will never let that happen Ella, your love is what gets me through the day. Your love is what makes my heartbeat, your love is everything to me. I'll never let us lose that, I'll never put that love in jeopardy  no matter how much chaos we have in our lives" He says to me firmly, and I believe every word he is saying to me.

"I love you so much" I whispered against his lips.

Scott grabs my neck and pulls his lips to his and kisses me.

He breaks our kiss, both of us breathless from that very same kiss. And then he smiles at me.

"I love you, always and forever baby" He says to me. Feeling a smile on my own lips as he kisses me once more.

And he then processes to show me just how much he loves, as we make love by the fireplace and I know in that moment that we're going to be okay, that no matter what chaos that might come our way, we'll face it and we will survive it because our love is much stronger than it.