Chapter 12.

Scott

I can't even describe the feelings that I was feeling when I saw our unborn baby for the first time on that screen. It was beautiful, amazing, incredible, joyful, terrifying but in such a good way.

When I saw the scan, my thoughts went to Remi and my guilt flooded back. Because I should have been there for that moment for her, I should have been there for her from the beginning, but my stupid ass wasn't and some days it hits so hard, and I feel like I failed her, the truth is I did fucking fail Remi and Ella too years ago.

Even though we've come so far since then, and we shouldn't keep bringing up the past and the choices we made back then, it's just hard sometimes not to reflect on what could have been, what if things were different back.

Also, there's something going on with Ella, I know my wife, and something is troubling her, but for some reason she won't talk to me about it and I'm not sure why. I just hope whatever it is, that she is talking to someone about it, either Amanda of her therapist.

Because Ella she has a way of getting lost in her own thoughts, then her amour comes out, sometimes I think she doesn't even realise that she does it, but when her thoughts overwhelm her, she gets the urge to run, she always has.

I try and give her space, but also let her know that I am here, here for in every way that I can be, to show her that I'm not going anywhere ever again.

It scares me though, when she shuts her thoughts in like this, because I don't know how to help her, I don't know what to say or do because I don't know what has her spiralling out of control with her own thoughts.

Pulling out of my thoughts as I feel a pair of arms wrap around my neck, from behind the chair I'm sitting on.

"Penny for your thoughts" Ella asks me, gently rubbing my hand up and down her arm, taking a deep breath in and out. Before pulling her gently around me, and then onto my lap, Ella doesn't say anything.

She just watches me, as I place my hand to her baby bump softly. I love seeing her grow our child, it's a sight I will never forget and always cherish.

"You would tell me if something was upsetting you? Or if something was bugging you" I ask gently without answering her question, Ella looks at me for a spilt second and sighs, before placing her hand over mine on her belly.

"Of course, I would" she said back to fast, shaking my head and met her gaze.

"Are you sure? You've just been distance lately, lost in thought and it scares me baby....the last time you shut down on me like this was when I told you about Ivy, and for five days I was out of our home-;" I wince as I talked about that time, the time when I knew Ella needed me to leave, before she left me.

And it was the worst five days of my life, not waking up to her in my arms.

Seeing her beautiful face for near enough week, it almost killed me but that time I knew what had her thoughts in a tangled, this time I don't.

"It's not like that this time babe....I promise and I'm sorry if it seems like I'm being distance I don't mean to be-;" She cut of for a moment.

"I guess I'm just scared that something bad is going to happen yet again, because sometimes it feels like our happiness is cursed, I'm worried if something bad is going to happen with this pregnancy, or if some skeleton from your past going to come to light....I just don't know" she explains sadly.

"Elly, with the pregnancy we've just got to have faith that she will be fine...as for skeletons there isn't anything from my past that can hurt us".

"How can, you be sure?" She whispers, placing a gently kiss on her knuckles as I lift her hand to my lips.

"Because after Kylie I went to my old agent, I threaten his career if he didn't tell me everything, as far as he knows, Kylie was the who made allegations" I explain.

Before I married Ella, I made sure that nothing could ever hurt her again, I made sure my past would never become an issue for us again.

"Thank you...." She says and then wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me in for a kiss, slipping my tongue with her, taking control of the kiss.

Just as she breaks our kiss and leans back so she can look me in the eye and laughs.

"Wait did you just call our baby ....she?" She smirks, it's to early for us know what sex the baby is yet, but I have a gut feeling.

"I did, I believe she's going to be a girl...." I smirked. Replacing my hand back on her bump. My gut feeling is that I'm destined to be a daddy to princesses, and a husband to a queen.

"Oh and how do you know that?". She challenged me with her own smirk.

"A gut feeling baby....a gut feeling" I laughed, Ella looks at me unconvinced, before pulling me back in for another kiss.

Ella once again breaks our kiss and gets up from my lap.

"Come on handsome, we need to get ready" she announces, looking at her confused.

"Get ready for what?".

"Well, you're going to take Remi and meet your family, Riggs, Max and Willow at your dad's place  and I'm going to see my mom and bring her with me after we talk...because we're long overdue for one"

"I'm happy you're going to talk to your mom babe, but why exactly is your family going to my family?" I ask still confused about this whole conversation.

Ella bends down give me one more quick kiss before smiling at me.

"Because hubby...once I sort things out with my mom, we're going to tell our whole family that Baby Vaughan, number 2 is coming soon".

And with that little announcement my wife walks away with a massive, beautiful smile on her face, one that I haven't seen in weeks, but is so glad is back.

Because Ella deserves all the happiness in the world and it's my job to give her just that.