Chapter 24.

Scott

Heading back to Ella's room with my sandwich and two stuffed bunnies that I saw in the gift shop. One pink for Remi and one Yellow that I will give to Ella.

She looks better today; I was scared when the doctors said she had a seizure. I can't lose her, she's the centre of my world, without her I would become lost to the darkness.

But like I said she looks better this morning, she's awake, she's talking even wanting to go home, that has to mean she's on the mend.

Snapping out of my thoughts as I look up to the noise and chaos that I hear, stopping in my tracks when I hear it coming from Ella's room.

Rushing to the door just as doctors and nurse rush out, watching as they wheel a hospital bed out of the room, with Ella unconscious, dropping everything in my hands and rushed over to her.

"What's going on? What's happening" I ask in a frantic voice.

Doctor: wade stops in her tracks and address me.

"Scott, Ella has suffered two more seizures. It's becoming too dangerous for her and the baby, we're taking her to the O.R to do an emergency c-section"

"Can I go with her" I whispered not wanting to let go of her hand.

"I'm sorry you can't, we need to move now" she says to me, nodding my head and let go of Ella's hand, before bending down and kissing her forehead.

"I love you, stay with us" I whisper in her ear and then step back as they rush her away.

"I'll find you once I have news" Doctor. Wade says before rushing off behind the nurses.

                                            ~ ~ ~

It's been over two hours  since they rushed Ella into the O.R and nobody has told me what the hell is going on and I'm close to losing it because I don't know what is going on with my wife or our baby.

Once I calmed down and focused, I manged to call Gail and my brother. They all rushed here along with Riggs, Max and Willow and Amanda. My parents stayed home so they could get Remi from school and keep her with them, until we know more.

"What's taking so long? Someone should know something about now" I flustered say.

The last hour my mind has been in overdrive, just at the thought of losing her. I can't, we can't lose her and I'm trying to keep it together until DR. Wade shows back up, but I'm struggling to hold it all together.

"Scott, Ella needs you to hold it together and stay strong" I hear Oliver say from next me.

"I'm trying but I scared, I can't lose her" I whisper.

"You won't. She has so much to live for you, her kids, a whole life. So don't think like that" shaking my head and sighed, not sure what to feel.

"He's right Scott, have faith" Gail adds. Getting ready to reply just as I hear,

"Scott" turning around to see DR. Wade heading towards us.

"How are they?" I ask once she reaches me, almost afraid of the answer.

"The c-section went as well as we hoped, Ella is in recovery. We won't know if the seizures have caused any permanent damage until she wakes up-;"

"The baby?" I ask in a whisper.

"Your son weighed in at 4lb-2oz he's breathing on his own, but he's needs to be monitor in the NICU" She was cut off by a few loud sighs of reliefs and claps out the mention of our son.

"And there's something else, your daughter came two minutes later. Weighing in at 3lb-5oz. She's much smaller and having a little more trouble but she's stable" Dr.Wade announced, looking at her in compete shock because she must be wrong because Ella wasn't having twins, we would have known.

"You must be mistaken, Ella she wasn't pregnant with twins"

"She was, it's an extraordinary case. But your daughter because she so much smaller, she was hiding behind your son in the womb. Which is why the ultrasound only ever shown one baby, what's more extraordinary is that the babies' heartbeats were in sync with one another.  It's a miracle, did Ella's OBGYN ever mention that the baby heartbeat was a little fast?"

"Huh...yeah but she said it was nothing to worry about"

"It wasn't fast at all, it was the second baby's heartbeat that was being heard, we just didn't knew it, it would have been hard for anyone to pick up on it"

"Two babies..." I whisper still in shock with the news I was just given.

"Yes congratulations, would you like to see them?" She asked me.

"Shouldn't I see Ella first?" I replied in a panic, I should be with my wife when she wakes up, telling her about our miracle babies.

"Ella is still getting set up in recovery, it may be a little while longer before you can see her"

"Scott honey go and see your children, we've got Ella" I think I head Gail voice echo from somewhere next to me.

Not trusting my own words, I simply follow the doctor towards where my newborn babies are.

So not believe any of this, but grateful that they are all here and that we are a family. 

Two babies.

A son

Another daughter

It really is extraordinary.