Chapter 22.

Scott

Rushing through the ER doors in a panic, this is the second time in over a year that I have gotten the heart ranching phone call that the woman I love has been rushed to the hospital and both times she has been pregnant.

The first time I had no idea when I stepped through these doors that Ella was pregnant, not until Ollie told me and then only for the doctor to inform me hours later that, it was ectopic and there was nothing they could do for the pregnancy.

But this time now it's different it's more terrifying because she's seven months pregnant and I don't know what is happening.

Gail called in rush saying that Ella was sick and had a headache, that they were taking her to the hospital.

I knew these headaches weren't normal, but Ella said they were, the doctor told us the same thing, I thought the feeling in my gut about it was just me being overprotective of them, but what if I was wrong? what if this is something serious.

Snapping out of my thoughts as I reach the front desk, the nurse behind it looks up at me.

"My wife was brought in early; I need to know where she is" I rush out.

"What's your wife's name" she asks me.

"Ella Vaughan, she's seven months pregnant"

The nurse picks up the iPad and starts scrolling through until she looks back to me.

"Floor 7. Room 105"

"Thank you" I mumble and rushed towards the stairs. Racing up the stairs as fast as I can.

Pulling open the door to floor 7 and headed towards Ella's room, stopping in my tracks when I see her parents in the waiting area.

"What happen? How is she? Where's Remi?" I shoot out questions at them.

"We don't know one minute she was talking, the next she was sick and grabbed her head. The doctors rushed her back and Remi is with your dad in the café downstairs" Gail answered.

Breathing in relief as I know my daughter is okay. Shaking my head and sighed, trying to calm down.

"Has the doctor been out to see you since?"

Riggs shakes his head and holds on to Gail gently.

"No, they just rushed her back for tests"

Getting ready to turn on my feet and go and found answers just when I hear a voice echo.

"Ella Vaughan family"

Turning my eyes and rushed over to the female doctor ahead.

"I'm Scott Vaughan her husband. Doctor how's my wife? The baby?" I whisper almost terrified of her answer.

"For now, your wife is stable, and the baby's heart rate is also stable."

"What happened?" I asked cutting her off.

"Your wife is suffering for a condition called pre-eclampsia that happens sometimes in pregnancy. Unfortunately, Ella's is much more severe hers has caused eclampsia, it's rare but this has caused Ella to have a seizure"

I hear Gail gasp from behind me as she listens to the doctors' words.

Keeping my emotions in check, pushing them away as I know that Ella needs me right now.

"Her and the baby are going to be okay, aren't they?"

"As I said for now, they're both doing well, we've gave Ella medication to bring down her high blood pressure and to prevent more seizures, hopefully this treatment will work" The doctor replied.

"And what if it doesn't?" That question came from Riggs.

"Worst case scenario and I'm not saying that is where we're heading. But if Ella has anymore seizures and risks comes to both her and the baby, then we will have to do an emergency caesarean section"

"But she's only seven months, isn't it dangerous" I sniffled.

"It's more dangerous if we don't, but like I said for now they're both stable"

"Can I see her?" I pleaded.

"Of course, this way"

Nodding my head and turned to Gail and Riggs.

"Can you guys look after Remi for me?" I ask them.

"We've got her. You just stay with our girl" Gail replies.

Nodding my head as a silent thank you, then followed the doctor towards Ella.

"She's right through there, I'll be back to check on her shortly" the doctor says to me.

Nodding my head and made my way into Ella's room. Taking a few steps in just as I hear her beautiful voice.

"I'm so glad you're here" Ella exclaimed in relief. Rushing over to where she was lay in the bed, taking her hand in mine and dropped a gently kiss on forehead.

"I'll always be by your side baby..." I whisper to her, taking a seat in the chair next to her bed, keeping her hand in mine.

"I'm sorry..." She cries softly while locking her eyes with mine.

"You've got nothing to be sorry for Ella"

"It's too early....it shouldn't be like this...."She rushes out through her tears. Just as the monitors around her start to beep faster.

"Babe, breathe and calm down for me...in and out" I say to her, Ella takes a few deep breaths in and out, after a few seconds the monitors start to go down.

"That's its baby...I've got you" I whispered.

"Don't leave me..." she mumbled as I see her eyes closing.

"Never Elly" I whisper to her, while placing one small kiss on her hand that was locked in mine.

"I love you Scott"

"I love you more, just try and rest...I'm right here" I say to her just as she falls asleep.

And in that moment, I vow that I won't leave this hospital until, she and our baby leave with me, and we walk out as a family.