Chapter 16.

Ella

Knocking on Amanda's and Oliver's front-door, while holding a bouquet of fruit shaped like flowers. And a card made by Remi, last week Amanda had surgery for her endometriosis, it's not a cure for her and it's something that she will have for the rest of hr life, but she's hoping that this surgery to remove some of the endometriosis which might be enough for her and Oliver's to convince.

I still feel guilt though, as she's going through all of this to try and have a baby. I'm walking around growing one and getting bigger everyday right in-front of her.

And even though she's has told me a thousand times, not to carry that guilt it's only natural too, especially when it's someone who you care for and is your family.

"Hey Ella, come in" I hear Oliver's voice says from the now open door, I didn't even hear him opened it. Flashing him a smile and stepped in the house.

"How is she doing?" I ask him, as I hand him the card and fruit bouquet.

"She's healing, hates bedrest and wants to get back to work"

"Sounds like Amanda....how are you?" He places the fruit on the dining table and then looks back at me.

"I'm fine....I'm just trying to be what she needs" He answers sadly.

Taking a seat on the sofa in the other room, mostly because my feet are killing me, he follows suit and takes a seat too.

"I'm sure you are Ollie"

"It doesn't feel like it though, I can't help fix this for her. And that's the worst feeling in the world, when you can't take away the person who you love the most pain for them"

"You might not be able to fix this. But your love, your support, just knowing that you are here, will help carry her through this"

"I hope so Ella" He sighs sadly. Before looking up to me, meeting my eyes.

"How are you felling? How's our niece doing" He adds. Rolling my eyes at the mention of this baby being a girl again.

"I swear if your brother tells one more person that this baby is a girl, I'm going to smooth him in his sleep" I lightly joked.

"You know what Scott is like, he's excited" nodding my head.

"I know he is, it's just....it doesn't matter" I sighed.

"No what is it?" Ollie asks me.

"I guess I just don't want him to be disappointed if it's a boy you know"

"You know he will love that baby no matter, the gender of it"

"Yeah I don't doubt that, but I can't help but think that he hopes it a girl, because of all he missed out on with Remi, if that makes sense" I said.

I don't know if Scott wants a girl so much, is because of all those moments he missed out on when Remi was born, and I hope I'm wrong because as much as it hurts to admit to myself and to him, he won't ever get those moments.

And I don't want him trying to use this baby as a do-over, maybe I'm just being silly, but I just want him to see that he's going to make different new memories and moments once this baby is born, girl or not.

"And it's my fault you know that he missed out, sometimes I find myself wondering where we would be if I would have told him that day, he walked out of me. Would we have been better off" I added sadly.

Oliver looks at me for a moment, he doesn't say anything. Just studies the words that I just told him.

"Honestly Ella, the way Scott was back then I don't think it would have done much good" He answered, looking at him confused by what he means.

"He was a mess; he didn't care about anyone but himself. The fame went to his head, and he wasn't a nice guy to be around" He added.

"Maybe he wouldn't have been if I had told me, that I was pregnant back then"

"I doubt it, I think if you would have told him back then, you guys wouldn't be here today, married and having another baby"

"How do you mean?" I ask him.

"He was selfish and self-centred when he started his football career, those five years you both experience apart, and him losing you, having to come to the realization of a life without you and the mistake he made that day, it helped shaped him into becoming the man he is today-;" He cut off and took a breath before carrying on.

"The second chance he got with you, helped him become a better man, a better person and more importantly it helped him to become a great dad. Things just needed to be a rough road for us guys to get to a much beautiful life"

"You really believe what happened with us back was the right thing?"

"Yeah I do, what you and him have been through in the last year and half just proves that true love, can survive it all and it's very rare that a first love always gets a second chance and latest" Oliver says to me.

"Thank you, Ollie," I whispered,

I guess in my own way I needed to hear it from someone else that what happened in the past, was okay you know that it will never be forgotten or anything like that, it's what happened, it's apart of our story.

"You're welcome, I guess I better let Amanda have her girl time with you now" Throwing him a smile and let out a small laugh.

"I guess you should, but seriously though Oliver this has help more then you know" I announced with a small smile, before walking away from him and upstairs to where Amanda is.