Chapter 26.

Scott

The last couple of weeks have kind of been a blur for me. I spend most of my time at the hospital with the twins, who have gotten bigger and stronger. They are doing really well; I still haven't named them because that's something me and Ella are supposed to do together and I won't do it without her.

Ella she's still the same, the bleed has caused more swelling and all the doctors keep telling me that, it will heal on its own, Ella just needs to rest, it takes time.

But what they don't understand is that I need my wife to wake up and nobody is giving me any answers to when that might be.

The only time I go home is for a few hours, to sleep, eat, shower, and spend time Remi who doesn't understand why mommy isn't home yet. She's being so brave and so strong, stronger than any six-year-old should have to be.

My parents, Ella's parents and Oliver and Amanda they all take turns staying at the house with her and taking her school, I just want things to be as normal as possible for her, for her to be in her own space and her own bed. But there's only so much we can do for before; she starts asking questions that none of us can answers yet because we don't know ourselves.

Oliver is also running the club for me, Amanda has been helping Amber out at Ella's event planning company, we're all doing the best we can and we're trying to manage without falling apart, but the limbo we're living in it's not healthy for anyone.

Ella is a massive part of our lives, and we need her.

Snapping out of my thoughts to the sound of footsteps, looking up to see the doctor checking over Ella.

"Why hasn't she woken up yet? You've ran scans and blood work and everything, but she has yet to wake up, and you haven't told me anything" I grit my teeth trying to hold on my anger because I know it isn't the doctor's fault, that she's just doing her job but I need answers about my wife.

"Scott, Ella's brain it needs time to heal. She's suffered a trauma. And there's no time frame on when a person will start to show improvement or if they even will" she replies sadly.

"I need the truth here... is my wife going to recover from this? Is she going to wake the fuck up!" I yelled jumping to feet, trying to calm myself down.

Gasping for breath as I think about Ella and what if she never wakes up.

What if I never hear her laugh again?

See her smile?

Watching her be the amazing mom she is to Remi?

Meet the twins for the first time?

No....that can't be how our story ends.

"Scott! Brother, I need you to breathe ... come with me" I hear a voice mumble as I feel myself being pulled away from the room.

It's not until a wave of fresh wind hits me that I realise that I'm outside with Oliver.

"Good you're calming down, just breathe little brother I've got you"

Sliding down the brick wall and placed my head in my hands.

"I need her to wake up Ollie, I can't live without her" I cried.

Oliver sits next to me on the floor and pats me shoulder.

"You got to have hope, you need to hold your shit together right now. For Ella, for Remi, for the twins" he says to me.

"We have three kids, three kids that need their mom. I'm not enough they need Ella more, I can't do this without her....I just can't"

"Look Scott I know that this is scary and having no answers isn't helping, but yelling at the doctors isn't going to help Ella, you or your kids-;"

"I don't  know what to do, it's been weeks. And there's no change, Remi keeps asking for her mom and why we aren't at home anymore, the twins are getting healthy enough that they might be able to come home in the next coming weeks, I'm drowning Ollie and the person I need to save me, isn't waking up" I whispered.

"You're not drowning, you have a village off people who are here to help you. But I understand what you mean about needing Ella, she's your other half. Like Amanda is mine-;" Oliver broke off sadly and shook his head.

"Why don't you go home and spend some time with Remi, try and explain things for her. I'll stay with the twins and Gail is here too, go home Scott"

"If anything changes-;" I started to say as I get up, Oliver follows my movements and cuts me off.

"If anything changes, I will call you. I'll let Amanda know your coming home, she's with Remi"

Nodding my head and looked at my brother, even Oliver looks tired. I don't know if everything is starting to take a toll on everyone or if he has he's own issues going on. I need to find out more, see if he's really okay, with everything that has been going on.

I haven't really asked him if he's fine or what's been going on with him, which makes me a shitty brother because he and Amanda have done so much for me and my family, once Ella wakes up I'll make sure I'm there for him, for anything.

"Thanks brother" I said to him truly.

"Always Scott, now go" He adds.

Shaking my head and sighed, before walking out to the parking lot. I need to see and talk to Remi, I need to have a hard conversation with her, just in case Ella doesn't come home for another week or month, I need to be strong for our daughter and I need to get my shit together to be what all three of my kids need me to me, until their mother finds her way back to us.

Which I hope is soon...