Chapter 16: Everything works out or so it seems?

New chapter for you all! Hope you enjoy it.

vote. comment. follow.

The next day...

Local lunch spot

August 2019

Miles agreed to meet with his estranged dad for lunch and find out what's been going on behind the scenes in his life. He sees his dad, Jamie, walk in with Jamie's partner, Rob. Miles isn't so sure how he'll react to this but hopefully everything will be okay (hopefully so). They all sit down and Miles wants to know everything.

"Hi, dad." says Miles. "You look happy! You met someone." says Jamie. "It goes the same for you too; why didn't you tell me?" says Miles. "I'm sorry?" says Jamie. "Why did you hide yourself from Mom? Is it because she knew you were gay too and you couldn't admit it? Why dad why?" says Miles. "Let me explain myself clearly; I married your mom and I left; I'm sure you knew I divorced her." says Jamie. "I didn't know that actually but go on." says Miles. "After I left and divorced your mom, she told me to take my things and go. She already knew." says Jamie. "That you were gay?" says Miles. "Yes, that's why I left and divorced her. I was hiding all along just like you were. I was tired of hiding myself from your mother." says Jamie. "I see. I understand it now. But why this long, Dad?" says Miles. "I don't know, why, Miles, I don't know." says Jamie. "Dad?" says Miles. "Yes?" says Jamie. "I'm glad you don't have to hide anymore." says Miles. "I'm glad I don't have to either. I only would agree with your mother about anything anti-LGBTQIA+ but in reality I was on your side." says Jamie. "You were siding with me?" says Miles. "Yes, your mother was so uptight about having everything so pristine and it made me so sick. I hate to say this, but I'm happy she kicked me out." says Jamie. "Everything makes sense now; thank you for explaining yourself. Dad, aren't you going to introduce me to your partner?" says Miles. "Miles, meet my lovely partner, Rob. I met him after I divorced your mother and left for good." says Jamie. "Nice to meet you, Miles; you've got a great dad." says Rob. "I do indeed." says Miles, smiling over at Jamie.

After lunch is over, Jamie happily drives Miles back to James' place and waves him goodbye. Miles knows that this isn't the last time he'll see his dad and Rob. He's happy everything is sorted and figured out. Miles walks in and James asks, "How did everything go with your dad?" Miles says back, "It went well. It turned out he was hiding just like I was and I learned the whole truth today and it made me feel happy knowing he doesn't have to hide anymore." says Miles. "He's gay, too?" says James. "Yes, after my mom later found out and they are now divorced so there's that." says Miles. "I'm glad your dad doesn't have to hide anymore." says James. "Me too." says Miles, giving James a kiss. "Gosh, you're adorable!" says James. "That's why you love me! Haha!" says Miles. "I'm glad you're mine." says James. "Me too." says Miles.

Two months later at a Halloween party

October 2019

A club in Hollywood, CA

All of the boys' gather for a fun evening dressed up as their favorite drag queens from past seasons of RuPaul's Drag Race. Everyone thought this was a great idea and Miles even invited his dad and Rob to join him tonight. It's good at least I got a relationship with my dad.- Miles thought. They party into the wee hours and all (but Miles' dad and Rob) head back to the hotel and climb into bed before their flight home tomorrow.

The next morning at the hotel... // The boys' apartment

The boys' all leave to go back to San Francisco this afternoon so they gather their things up. All of them head down for breakfast and leave to the airport around noon. They fly back and arrive safely around lunchtime. But as soon as Miles & James' arrive back to their place, a note was left on their door reading "I'm sorry honey you had to know the truth I didn't support your dad's lifestyle at all like yours. If you want to meet we can; if not I understand. Sincerely, Gloria." Miles wasn't expecting this to happen when he arrived back with James. He was expecting a happy welcome back but not this oh no not this.

After they get settled in, Miles agrees to meet with Gloria; he knows this isn't a good idea but he'll do it anyways. He messages his former mom and she meets him at a nearby coffee shop. They meet and converse and Miles isn't feeling so sure of himself right now.

"Why did you want to meet me, mom? You know this is against your religion to meet with your gay son?" says Miles. "I know, honey; I know. I just to tell you my side of the situation." says Gloria. "Okay, go." says Miles. "Yes we did divorce and then I found out about his relationship and I kicked him out right after." says Gloria. "Okay, I believe you." says Miles. "You do? That's a surprise." says Gloria. "It is I know." says Miles. "Well, anything else you want from me?" says Gloria. "No, mom; I appreciate hearing from you." says Miles. "Likewise." says Gloria.

He heads back to James' place and he notices James making dinner for them. Miles goes over to James and gives him a hug and kiss. He thought this was a nice thing to come home to. I'm glad to come home to someone like you; I hope we stay eternal, James. Because life would suck without you in it.- Miles thought.