Chapter 17: Engaged?! / Wedding + Mini Honeymoon Time

Hi to the fellow readers that have been enjoying this story- it's just been a case of writer's block plus really no source of inspiration really struck me. But it's been long overdue for a chapter and today you are finally getting one. Hope you enjoy reading as much I had writing it.

vote. comment. follow.

Chapter 17: Engaged?! // Wedding + Mini Honeymoon Time

Two months later- December 5th, 2019

The boys' apartment // Local restaurant

"Babe, we need to meet everyone at the restaurant?" says James. "Okay, I'm dressed. Let's roll." says Miles. They drive to the restaurant and everyone was there including Miles' Dad and partner. James hasn't told anyone the news yet; they wanted the most important people to come to witness this occasion. The boys' greet everyone and sit down but before they sit James has something to say.

"Within the months I've gotten to known this person, this wonderful person that came into my life and I don't know what I would do without them in my life. Everything we've done as a couple has been nothing but fun and I wouldn't want anyone else but you. Miles Wilson, will you make me the happiest man and be my eternal partner?" says James. "I will." says Miles, kissing James while everyone in the background reacts to the news with shock and awe. "I picked this band, Miles, because it symbolized us to a T. Simple but fun of course; honey I love you." says James. "Miles, did you have any idea this would happen?" says Adam. "I didn't actually- I was just as surprised as you all were. I'm over the moon about this. I just cannot stop smiling." says Miles.

The boys' sit down and converse and order their drinks and food. Miles doesn't know how to contain himself- he is with the one person that makes him the happiest. He would've never thought life would lead to this moment and has overcome so much to get where he is now. He was someone that had to hide himself but no longer has to; he feels finally free.

After the event is over, Miles and James head home and just take all of this in. James asks, "How are you feeling, babe?" Miles says, "I'm a little overwhelmed because I wasn't expecting it but I feel really happy. I get to be with you that's the best part." James says, "I'm glad you were honest with me; there is really no other person I can picture spending my life with." Miles says, "I'm happy Adam set us up- life would've been so different if we never met." James says, "It surely would've been."

After the news, Miles' estranged mom leaves him a text on his phone and it reads I just wanted to say I was thinking about you even if we aren't the best of terms all the time. I hope today was one of your favorites and just to let you know, last month I spoke to your dad via text and I told him how I truly felt about you- it was all good feelings by the way- and even if it isn't easy for me to understand, I would like to understand. I hate not being in your life, being your 'mom' and all. So, I'm learning each day about this community you are a part of- been reading books, watching documentaries / movies, and it's been a lot to take in but I'm understanding it some. Is there anyway you can forgive me from the past and move forward? Is there anyone special in your life? I'd love to meet him. Sorry for the pain and torment I caused on you and your dad. -Mom.

"Babe? Everything okay?" says James, going over to console Miles. "My estranged mom just sent me the longest text and part of it was coming to terms with things and she's been learning about our community and asked if I had anyone special in my life. She wants to meet you." says Miles. "She must have good motherly instincts. I'd love to meet her. I'm glad she's closing the past chapter and moving forward and not holding back anymore. I'm glad she wants to have a relationship with you. Even if it's complicated right now." says James. "You know a way with your words, don't you? I love you for that. I'll arrange something and we can start planning our wedding and honeymoon." says Miles. "Sounds like a plan." says James.

The next day at a local coffee shop in San Francisco, CA

December 6th, 2019

Miles agrees to meet his mom at a cafe with James in tow; he's hesitant to see her and even meet his fiance but Miles is ready to forgive and move forward. Miles orders lunch + coffee for him and James. He sees his mom Gloria in the back waiting and gives his mom a hug.

"May who this be?" says Gloria. "Mom, this is my fiance, James." says Miles. "You're getting married? Honey, I'm so happy for you." says Gloria. "Thanks, mom. I appreciate it." says Miles. "How did you two meet?" says Gloria. "Blind date set up by a friend of mine- his name is Adam. We've been inseparable ever since. I appreciate his company." says James. "Miles, he's not too bad looking- you found a catch, honey." says Gloria. "Thanks, mom; I got your text last night and I wanted to tell you I appreciated it and I'm happy you are becoming more understanding; I know it wasn't easy at first to understand. But I'm also happy you're moving forward and not holding onto to it anymore. I love you, mom, I do." says Miles. "Honey, it wasn't easy at first; I went to therapy after I threw your dad out and therapy has been helping me understand this a lot better- that's one detail I forgot to mention to you in the text message- and I still continue to go. I need to forgive myself for all the pain and torment I inflicted on you. Doing things out of your comfort zone and really none of it was making me happy either. I'm just happy you're happy." says Gloria. "I appreciate your honesty, mom. I really do." says Miles. "Glad you do, honey; glad you do." says Gloria.

They continue to converse and eat and sip; Miles is very happy that his mom is becoming more understanding and letting go of the past (which Miles knows isn't easy for his mom at all). Gloria drives back home and the boys' go back to the apartment. As soon as they arrive back, they are greeted with lovely fresh flowers from a local floral shop- it's from James' mom- Rachel and it reads Heard the news and I'm so happy for you and Miles. Can't wait for the big day! I love you two so much! -Mom.

"That was nice of your mom to send flowers. She's so nice." says Miles. "She is; I'm glad she likes you too." says James. "Well, what to do now?" says Miles. "Order takeout and watch trashy TV?" says James. "You're reading my mind! Let's do it!" says Miles.

They order in, and watch their shows and turn in later; Miles is very happy to close the past with his mom and is ready to move forward with wedding planning with James.

One month later- January 2nd, 2020

Wedding planning day!

Miles and James go get tuxedos fitted (they managed to get ones already picked out last month- they checked back in to see if everything is good), and today they meet with the wedding planner to finish any last minute details (ie cake, music, and location). They did sent out invites over the holidays and everything is set for the wedding to be around Valentine's Day. Miles and James are over the moon about it all!

One month and 12 days later...

February 14th, 2020

Wedding day!

Palm Springs, CA

The boys' awake next to each other and notice today is the day. They get ready after they had their coffee and breakfast. Everyone is at the venue for cocktail hour and after the boys' get ready they get driven to the venue. Miles and James get dropped off and head in to the venue and see everyone enjoying themselves. As soon as 1pm hits, everyone is escorted into the venue and seated and the ceremony begins. The boys' recite their vows and tears are being shed within this happening. After the vows, they kiss and are now life partners. Everyone jumps up for joy! The boys' are escorted to a different room on the same site on the venue to see tables set up with the buffet and the gorgeous vanilla lavender cake (six tiers by the way!). They all get seated and Miles' dad Jamie makes a toast and congratulates his son on his new marriage; they have a dad-son dance later in the day; cake has been eaten and the buffet has been served for everyone (the boys' wanted Californian inspired food- very light but tastefully done) and they dance the evening away. This couldn't be more of a perfect day!

Around the weekend of President's day- February 2020

The boys' take a mini-honeymoon since they really didn't wanted to do as much as they did for the wedding. They decided to do Vegas (yes again!) since that's the first trip they went to together when they were dating. Their trip lasts for at least a week and they come back happy as can be.