Chapter 12: PRIDE.

New chapter for you all! ENJOY!

vote. comment.follow.

Chapter 12: PRIDE.

Two months later on June 3rd, 2019

San Francisco, CA

Miles awakes on this sunny day to know something good is going to happen. He called over James, and they have been together since their first date in February. Today is their first Pride parade celebration together. They cannot wait for everyone else to arrive.

"Where's Adam? Travis? Wilson?" says Miles. "They should be on their way. I called them all up." says Jamal.

The doorbell rings, and speaking of which, all of the boys arrived looking fabulous in their rainbow outfits. Miles smiled, and he is just taken aback at the boys' outfits. He had never seen such bright colors before.

"Miles, you distracted by the fabulousness?" says Adam. "Just a little." says Miles, with a laugh. "You've got nothing to worry about. Besides this is your first official pride parade. We get to celebrate with you. You get to show off and do whatever the hell you want." says Adam. "I like the way you said that." says Miles. "The celebrate part?" says Adam. "Yes, actually." says Miles. "You've got me to celebrate this with you." says James, leaning in to give Miles a kiss. Everyone gasps, shocks and does a an awww as well.

They leave for the parade, and it is a packed day. Everyone is decked out in all of their outfits and today marks a day of celebration not just for Miles, but for all of those too. Miles takes in the scenery and walks down the sidewalk with James. He smiles at James as they find a spot to watch and participate; everyone else follows behind them to the spot they found. The parade lasts a few hours, and all of the boys head to the bar and just party. Celebrations never end for these boys, and it lasts into the wee hours.

The next morning...

To catch you up to speed, the crew stayed out until 3am partying and headed back afterwards to their apartments. James went back with Miles to Jamal's apartment; he ended up staying the night. To say Miles first pride was a success would be an understatement. It was much more than that; it was a freedom; it was his way of saying that this is me now and I'm not going back to the person I didn't like. That person no longer exists; Miles is out, loud, proud and finally free.

"Good morning." says Miles, lying beside James. "Morning to you, too." says James.

The boys get out of bed, and Jamal begins making the coffee. He wasn't too surprised to see James stay the night at all.

"Hey, James; morning." says Jamal. "Morning." says James. "You guys want breakfast?" says Jamal. "I'll make waffles." says James. "Okay, that sounds good." says Jamal.

James makes breakfast for everyone and they sit down to eat within the hour while they all have their coffee. Miles hears his phone buzz and it's a text from his former mom: I saw they did a pride parade report on the news. I didn't get why they had it. Anyways, I saw you were with someone that makes you happy in the news piece they did. I hope you're okay. Miles doesn't reply back but goes to eat his breakfast with his boyfriend and best friend. They finish up and Miles offers to walk James back to his apartment. They go ahead back and Miles drops off James.

"Babe?" says James. "Yes?" says Miles. "I enjoyed Pride with you. I'm happy to see you happy." says James. "Thanks. My former mom sent me a text this morning she mentioned that they did a news report on Pride and she saw that I was with someone that makes me happy and made sure I was okay." says Miles. "Even though you don't get along with your parents, for them to notice you were happy with someone like me, isn't a bad thing. Even if they never will understand your happiness fully. At least they noticed." says James. "Yeah, at least they did." says Miles. "I'll call you later?" says James. "Yes, you can. I'll head back. I love you so much." says Miles. "I love you, too, Miles." says James, giving his boo a kiss.

For Miles' mom to notice he was happy with someone is sign that his former mom may come around. He called her after he left James' apartment and asked how everyone was. Miles' former mom, Gloria, left his former dad, Jamie, after she found out he was sleeping with another woman. She filed for divorce after Miles left. Gloria has been happier ever since. She wanted Miles to know what was going on; he appreciated that so. Miles wasn't expecting his mom to divorce at all. He thought his former mom was happy with his former dad. I guess that wasn't the case after all. But Miles, on the other hand, hit 5 months of dating with James today. They celebrated their first Pride today and knowing Miles has someone like James in his life. If Adam hadn't set that blind date up, who knows what would've happen? Miles is thankful Adam set it up after all.