Chapter 2: Everything Feels New.

Hope you all are enjoying the story so far! 

vote. comment. follow.

Chapter 2: Everything Feels New.

Jamal parks his car in the parking garage with Miles in tow. They grab all of Miles' stuff and take it up to Jamal's second floor apartment. Miles appreciates this a lot coming from Jamal. He opens the apartment door and Miles is in shock of how beautiful the view is.

"Jamal, this is such a beautiful place." says Miles. "It is. Let's set you up in the guest room. I don't have too many people visiting anyways. But I've got you now so it's like a visitor that never leaves." says Jamal. "Thanks I appreciate that a ton." says Miles. "I think Mark will be over in a few to watch the newest Drag Race with us. You hungry?" says Jamal. "I just ate but yeah sure why not?" says Miles. "I'll UberEats something for us." says Jamal, grabbing his phone and taking the order from the app.

Miles just takes everything in; this something that will be a nice adjustment for him. I truly need this right now.- Miles thought. Miles hears the doorbell ring, and it's Mark.

"Heyyyyyy, how are you, Miles? Ready for a new episode?" says Mark. "I'm fine now better that you are here. Jamal just ordered us food in case you were hungry." says Miles. "Cool; Hey, Jamal you ready?" says Mark. "You bet." says Jamal.

The doorbell rings again and the food has arrived. The episode of Drag Race is just getting ready to start. Jamal asks if anyone wants a cocktail, and everyone is happy to oblige. I have a feeling this new life is going to be great.- Miles thought. They watch the show altogether; Mark hails an Uber back to his apartment after the show is over.

January 3rd, 2019

San Francisco, CA

Jamal's apartment

Miles awakes before Jamal does; he starts the coffee maker up and sees the view from Jamal's place. I still will never get tired of this view. I will never.- Miles thought.

"I thought I heard someone up. Coffee ready yet? Last night's episode was so good!" says Jamal. "It was!" says Miles.

The coffee pot is ready, and they sit in the living room to have it as they chat. Jamal asks, "What do you want to do today?" Miles replies, "I don't know; this is all new to me; I have to ask you, how did your parents take you coming out?" Jamal asks, "They were like your parents; they didn't take it well at all. My mom was going to send me to one of those conversion camps, and take me to some therapy I don't know what it was called but I am happy she didn't." Miles says, "That's brutal some of those thing your mom was going to make you do; my mom was going to send me there after yesterday I am thankful she didn't." Jamal says, "You can get beat up in those kinda places. I don't want that happening ever." Miles says, "Me neither. Can we go out and explore? I've never been this far into the city before." Jamal says, "Sure we can. The best part about this is that we can check the men out as much as we want unless they are straight then that is another story." Miles says, "You never fail me, man." Jamal says, "I'm glad I don't. What are you wearing?" Miles says, "Clothes I wasn't able to wear back home." Jamal says, "I will do a crop top if you do one." Miles says, "Gladly, honey; let's grab breakfast, I am starving!" Jamal says, "We can do that, honey."

Both of the boys get ready for the day; walk down to a breakfast spot and take in the scenery as they eat; they continue to explore a majority of the day. They walk back to the apartment and notice that they don't have any food; both of them head to the parking garage to grab groceries nearby. After getting groceries, they head up to the apartment and put everything away. Miles hears his phone go off and it's Gloria. He turns it off and lets it go to voicemail. It rings again; he turns his phone off permanently. Him and Jamal decide to cook dinner tonight; thankfully one thing Miles was taught by his mom was their love of cooking. They make the meal, and sit at the dinner table and enjoy each other's company. I'm thankful for people like him in my life. Couldn't have asked for more of a perfect friend.- Miles thought.