Chapter 18- Epilogue

Today's the day this story comes to an end as much I as don't want this idea to end, it has to. But for now, I hoped you enjoyed reading it as much I had writing this idea- this idea spawned out of me, out of nowhere!

vote. comment. follow.

Chapter 18: Epilogue

Miles and James remain life partners still to this day- they been rallying with the idea of possibly having a child via surrogate- and moved to Los Angeles to a new apartment after getting married. The pandemic a month later caused to have their surrogacy plans put on hold until later. This wasn't something they were expecting, but later in September 2020, they found out they were going to be dads! They found someone to help them conceive and a few months later, they found out from their surrogate- it was a boy! Miles and James are nothing but happy.

As for their friends- Adam- met someone around the time the boys' got engaged; Travis, worked on plans to open a new gay bar near them was put on hold, but he has been nothing but successful with this business and has been dating more- when he finds his partner, he'll be ready; Wilson, he went to begin work with the charity Trevor Project and went remote during the pandemic but continues to work there to help others plus he also found his someone, too. They have been dating for over 7 months- they met at work! How romantic! Jamal, went to travel for a few to different places (ie Paris, London, etc) but eventually came back and he's decided to go to college in Human Rights Studies' (he found it fascinating for some strange reason). Mark, packed up and sold all of his things and went and moved abroad to Amsterdam- he needed a fresh start and new lease on life- he also learned within this life change his parents' separated and this is was the beginning for him- and has been happier ever since. He hopes the new dads' come for a visit soon- he'd love it! Miles' parents, Gloria + Jamie, are on better speaking terms (which is a relief!) and Jamie has plans to marry his life partner, Rob, when the timing feels right. Gloria is taking things slowly in the dating world and when she's ready, she'll be ready.

Sometimes in life we want people to accept us for us, but that's not always the case. It'll be hard to understand at first, but overtime it'll be easier to understand. Miles was so confused as a kid he didn't even know he was gay until he was older. Many people today are still questioning their identity in this world and it's okay to take your time- the world will be ready whenever you are. Just to throw in this in here- if you are confused, lonely, scared and don't know what to do- just know this- you are already loved and whole no matter what. Even if people won't accept you at first, they hopefully will, if not- it's going to be a complicated situation for years to come. You'll have those that will understand you, and you'll have those that won't. You will make these important people a part of your life and have them to be the chosen family you've always wanted.

THE END.