Chapter 9: Love is Love.

Another chapter? Yes i've got one for you! Enjoy.

vote. comment. follow.

Chapter 9: Love Is Love.

A couple of weeks later at James' parents' place outside San Francisco, CA

James grabs Miles from Jamal's apartment and drives him over to meet his parents. Miles is a little nervous to meet James' parents but James reassures him that everything will be okay. They stop halfway to get coffee and pastries (James' mom has a sweet tooth!) and continue driving. James pulls in an hour later and James' mom is ecstatic to meet her son.

"Mom, this is Miles; Miles, meet my mom." says James. "Hi, Miles; I've never seen James so happy and giddy this much about a boy like you. Call me Rachel." says Rachel, James' mom. "Rachel, it's a pleasure." says Miles. "Babe, did you get the coffee and pastries out of the car?" says James. "No I didn't. I'll grab it." says Miles, going back to the car and grabbing the things.

Miles walks hand in hand with James and Rachel cannot stop smiling. She grabs her phone from inside and comes back to take a picture of the boys'. Both of them smile and walk right inside the house. Miles sees the house and it's beautifully decorated by Rachel.

"Rachel, you got good decorating taste." says Miles. "I do don't I? Sorry you hadn't met his dad yet. He's at work. He'll be home soon." says Rachel. "Understandable." says Miles. "How did you two meet?" says Rachel. "Remember Adam? Anyways, he set me up on a blind date with this one and we got to talking and we've been nonstop talking ever since." says James. "Did you like him too, Miles?" says Rachel. "I guess you could say it was love at first sight." says Miles, looking at James. "I guess you're right." says James, looking at Miles. "Well, I set up some snacks and waters outside. Join me boys?" says Rachel. "Yes; Mom, I grabbed you a sweet treat before we came up to see you." says James. "You didn't have to do that. Thanks, honey." says Rachel. "Not a problem." says James.

Both of the boys' walk outside onto the deck and see the array of snacks lined up. Everyone sits down and Miles cannot help but take the view in.

"You've got a lovely view, Rachel." says Miles. "The hills are alive, aren't they?" says Rachel, with a laugh. "Nice reference, mom." says James. "Not a problem. Miles, I heard your parents weren't accepting of you being gay." says Rachel. "Yes, they are unfortunately not. I had told them at dinner one night and my mom and dad didn't accept it as part of being Christians. They said being gay is a sin. Or at least that what my mother said." says Miles. "I'm so sorry to hear that. But you've been better since then?" says Rachel. "They have called me and visited me but those visits and calls haven't helping me move forward at all." says Miles. "You think it would and it hasn't?" says Rachel. "Nope." says Miles. "You've always got a spot in my life." says James, leaning in for a kiss. "Aw, babe; thanks." says Miles. "You two make me smile." says Rachel. "I'm glad we can make you smile." says Miles.

Rachel's phone rings from inside and it's James' dad, Henry. She excuses herself to answer it and James and Miles take in the scenery still.

"I'm glad my mom likes you. I'm sure my dad will too." says James. "I hope so." says Miles. "Want anything?" says James. "Just you, wrapped in my arms." says Miles. "A romantic, I see?" says James. "Yes, surprisingly." says Miles. "Hey, James, your dad is getting off early and he wants us to meet him for lunch. Miles is that okay?" says Rachel. "Yes, that's fine." says Miles. "Sounds good, mom. Let's go." says James. "I'll grab my purse." says Rachel.

They all leave to go to a nearby favorite lunch spot of James' parents. Miles takes a deep breath and James still reassures him some. They arrive to the spot and Henry reserved a spot for all of them.

"Hi, all! James, is this one you've been talking about?" says Henry. "Yes dad; this is Miles; Miles, meet my dad Henry." says James. "Hi, Henry." says Miles. "Well, I hope we see more of you, Miles; let's order, okay?" says Henry. "Yes, sir." says Miles.

Everyone sits down and orders drinks and appetizers. Henry asks, "How did you two meet?" Miles says, "A blind date set up by his friend Adam." Henry asks, "Adam is such a nice guy; I'm glad he set you up with him, James." James says, "I'm glad he did too." Henry asks, "How did your parents react with you being gay?" Miles says, "News travels fast apparently but my parents are very Christian and weren't accepting when I told them. They told me to leave and I never went back and I ended up moving in with a friend of mine named Jamal." Henry says, "Sorry they didn't accept you. They don't know what they are missing." Miles says, "They surely don't."

They continue conversing and James is nice enough to take Miles back to Jamal's. Miles had such a nice day meeting James' parents. They are such accepting, kind people. I wish I had parents like that.- Miles thought. James walks up with Miles and drops off Miles.

"See you soon, babe." says James. "You too, babe." says Miles. "Y'all are so cute it makes me sick." says Jamal, with a laugh. "I'm glad it doesn't bother you. Bye now." says James. "Bye." says Miles. "How was meeting the parents today?" says Jamal. "It wasn't as bad as I thought. They were quite accepting. Happy, even." says Miles. "Such a polar opposite of yours. But hey I'm glad they like you, man." says Jamal. "Me too." says Miles.

Looking forward to seeing more of James and his parents'; such nice people. Glad there is accepting people like them out there. Cannot wait to see what the rest of this new life has to offer. Life has had some downs, but I just was brought up back to life.- Miles thought.