XI. The Smart Lenses

It was Saturday and my first week of internship was behind me. It had been pretty intense under many aspects, but it was still the best experience and it was probably going to be even better. My mentor was just great and I loved working on my project.
It was exactly what I had dreamed about for most of my life, except for the part where Jungkook is in the picture.
And now, after only one week, he had already turned my life upside down and he probably didn't even notice.
Not only that, I was even thinking of getting closer to him just to loose feelings for him.
No, it couldn't get further away from my vision of the perfect internship.
It was a mess, but I had to deal with it head-on.

Despite making a real effort to try and think of the best excuse to get closer to him and being so focused on it that I didn't even hear my parents talking to me during breakfast, my mind was still empty. No good ideas. Not even one.
So I decided to get ready and go out to clear my head. I decided to change bags, because the one I bring to the lab was too big. While I was taking my stuff out of the bag, something slipped out and fell on the floor. I picked it up and realized it was a smart contact lenses' box, which was clearly not mine. I looked at it once more and turned it upside down and found some initials.
'JJK'

My eyes went wide. How did Jungkook's smart lenses end up in my bag? I probably must've taken them by mistake when putting my stuff back in my bag at the Lab before leaving.
At first I thought that I was gonna give them back to him on Monday, but then I remembered Tae's words. I needed an excuse to see him outside working hours and there it was, that little box in my hands. I didn't really have a plan, but I thought that I would come up with something on my way to his house. So I got ready and left, making sure I had the lenses with me. Walking towards his huge three-floor mansion, I started realising how bad of an idea it was. It was not gonna help me getting closer to him, because he was probably just gonna take the box and close the door in my face. The whole thing didn't make any sense, but it was too late to have second thoughts, because I was in front of his house. So I rang the bell.

I heard a female voice that sounded familiar coming from the videophone.
"Hi, are you looking for someone?"
I got closer to the camera so that she could see and hear me clearly, but before I could talk, she spoke again.
"Oh, wait! I know you!"
After that, I heard the sound of the electric gateway opening and I decided to enter. Then, I walked through a short path that led from the gate to the front door, which opened in front of me, showing the owner of that familiar voice. It was Jungkook's younger sister.

"You're Jungkook's friend, right? I've seen you the other day at the Lab he's doing his internship at!"
She was so smiley, just like how I remembered her from that day.
"Yes, that's me... My name is Luna, it's nice meeting you again!" I introduced myself.
"Oh, what a beautiful name! My name is Lia and I'm Jungkook's younger sister! Please, come inside!" She opened the door wide to let me in.
"What? Oh no no, I just... I took something that belongs to him and I came to give it back... I can also leave it with you..." I said, sabotaging my own plan.
"Come on, I need to at least offer you something to drink!" She said, grabbing my hand and dragging me inside.

The house was beautiful inside just as it was from the outside. It didn't look pretentious, but it was definitely avant-garde. Lia led me through an hallway that opened into a huge living room.
"Please sit here!" She said, indicating the long sofa that occupied the big room. Then she went behind what looked like a bar.
"What would you like to drink?" She asked.
"Just water, thanks..."
"You don't drink alcohol?"
"Not this early in the morning!" I said, making her laugh.
"Ahahah right, I'm sorry, grown-up stuff I'm still not familiar with... Here." She gave me a glass of water.
"I'll go get my brother..." She said then, leaving the room before I could stop her.

And there I was, alone in Jungkook's house. The situation was rather funny, so funny that I giggled thinking about it.
"Who are you?" A voice got me startled. I jumped out of my seat and stood up to face the person who was talking. As soon as I saw him, I recognized him. It was Jungkook's older brother, the famous actor. I had never met him but I had seen him many times on the news. Jeon Seokjin or, as his fans call him, Worldwide Handsome Jin. You could ask about him to anyone in this country and they would tell you he's the most handsome man they have ever seen. I wasn't that big of a fan of him, but I had to admit he was a good actor and also very good-looking.

"Hi... I'm... well, Lia let me in... I'm Luna... I needed to return something to Jungkook, so..."
"You're Jungkook's girlfriend, aren't you?" He asked, with a raised brow. It felt like I was in a police interrogation room, even though I've never been in one, but I guess that's how it feels like.
"Moon?!"
I wasn't able to answer to the almighty actor Jin, because I heard Jungkook's voice and saw him coming into the room with Lia.
"I told you she was actually here!" Lia sulked.
"So she's your girlfriend?" Jin asked to his brother this time.
"What? She's your girlfriend?" Lia echoed.
I decided to set the record straight because for some reason Jungkook still seemed in some sort of shock after seeing me. I wasn't sure if he was annoyed with me coming to his house, but why would he be? Just yesterday he was inviting me to enter his house. Maybe he's annoyed because I didn't tell him I was coming and I realized in that moment that I probably should have. You never show up at people's houses uninvited.

"No no no, I'm... We're just doing our internship together... And I came by to give him something... I was just going somewhere so I decided to stop by..." A little white lie to save my face.
"I actually was going to leave it and go, but Lia invited me in..."
Then I walked up to Jungkook while taking the smart lenses out of my purse.
"Here." I handed the little box to him and I was ready to leave.
"Thank you for your hospitality and it was nice meeting you." I said looking at Jungkook's siblings, who smiled back at me while a hint of confusion still transpired from their faces.

I was heading back through the hallway that I had walked through a few minutes before, when I heard Jungkook's voice again.
"Wait!"