XXV. His Girlfriend

His girlfriend.

Those words sounded so weird that I had to shake my head a couple of times during the drive home to get that feeling out of it. Jungkook looked at me confused, but kept driving. We were both silent and I was trapped in my thoughts full of what ifs, when I decided to speak up. I had to say something, anything that would divert my thoughts from us being a couple, which I wasn't even sure we were, but I wasn't ready to find out.

"Why don't you just put it into autopilot?" I asked the first thing that came to my mind.
"I just like driving, it relaxes me... Makes me feel I at least have control over something, when I feel like I have no control over anything else in my life..."
I wasn't expecting such a deep answer and for a second I was confused. Then I repeated his answer in my head and I kept wondering what it was that he was feeling not in control of. But it felt like it was a conversation for another day.
I wanted to get to know him better. It's like he said, I might have known every one of the buildings, but I had no idea of what goes on inside them. And I wanted to know.

He parked in the same spot as he did half an hour earlier, close to my house but not too close as I asked him to.
He turned off the car and looked at me with the same sweet smile. I probably would've noticed sooner what a beautiful smile he had if I hadn't been embarrassed or annoyed every time he had it on, because of his habit of teasing me.

"What?" He asked, noticing I was just staring at him without saying a word.
"Nothing..." I averted my eyes shyly. "I have to go!" I then said, starting to feel my cheeks getting red. I didn't want him to see me like that.
"Without a kiss?" He asked and at that point it was too late to leave anyway. My cheeks were already a bright tomato color.

I looked at him, waiting for him to do something. I wanted that kiss, but the first time I was the one initiating it, even though he was the one asking for it. Now I wanted him to come to me, just as a pinch to myself, to convince myself that I wasn't dreaming.
Somehow he must've understood the situation and he came closer to me. His hand reached for my neck and I closed my eyes.

This time, the kiss was more slow-paced. We were both trying to savor the moment, rather than rushing in. I gently sucked on his lower lip and then slightly bit it. From his reaction, I understood that he liked it. I didn't even know what I was doing, but somehow it felt natural and somehow all my shyness was gone. My eyes were shut and it enhanced all of my other senses. From the back of my neck, his hand travelled to my jaw and with his thumb on my chin he open my mouth to make way for his tongue. My whole body shivered and began to feel warmer. My heart was beating so fast that I could feel it in my head. I didn't want to stop.

But my mom decided for me.
My phone rang and we both pulled away, scared by the sudden sound.
"I'm sorry..." I apologized, before taking out my phone and seeing that it was her.
I picked up and she asked where I was. She was worried since I had texted her that I was on my way home and a lot of time had passed. I just told her that I was almost there and hung up.

"You have to go, right?" He asked afterwards.
"Yeah, I'm sorry..." I apologized, feeling sad that we already had to part ways, even though we had been together since the previous night.
I just couldn't get enough of him.
"It's okay, I'll text you... and I'll see you tomorrow at the Lab anyway, so it's fine..." He reassured me and I suddenly remembered that we still had to work together for two months.
It was probably going to be more awkward than when we hated each other and I probably was going to have a really hard time focusing on my project.

But that was going to be a tomorrow problem, I wasn't going to let it ruin that day, so I said bye and I got out of his car to go home.
I looked behind so many times and he was still there, looking through the rear view mirror, until I reached my door. He probably left only after I closed the door behind me, because when I did I saw him still there.

"Finally! Isn't Taehyung's house only 15 minutes away? And why didn't he come inside to say hi? Is he still outside? Let me check!"
My mom started bombing me with all those questions and tried to open the front door, while I was still leaning on it.
"Mom! Mom! He left!" I told her, blocking her from opening the door.
"Okay, but why did it take this long? And why did you guys go sleep at his house? Weren't you supposed to stay here last night?" She kept throwing questions at me.
"Uhmm, yeah, but we got bored... You know his house is more fun, he has a pool and everything..." I randomly said, not being able to find a better excuse.
She knew Tae preferred to stay at our house, despite his house being bigger and full of entertaining stuff. She gave me a questioning look, but for some reason she decided not to dig any deeper.
"Okay, but invite him for dinner", she said before leaving to go back to the kitchen.
"Yup, I'm gonna call him right now!" I answered while sprinting towards my room.
I closed the door behind me and took a deep breath of relief. I didn't lie, I was going to call him, but not to invite him for dinner. There were a few news that I probably ought to tell him.

"Hey Rosalind, call Tae" I instructed my phone's AI. The name I gave her was debatable, but I'm not super good at that type of creative things, so I just named her after Rosalind Franklin, the woman who actually discovered the DNA and was then robbed of the credits for her huge scientific finding.
After a few seconds, Tae picked up.
"Finally! I haven't heard from you since last night! Where the hell have you been? I would've called Jeon, if I only had his number! Are you okay?" He asked right away.
"Uhm, yeah... I just got home" I answered, already worried about telling him everything. He was probably not going to be happy about it.
"What do you mean 'you just got home'? From where? Don't tell me Jeon's house or I'm gonna lose it!" He exclaimed anxious.
"Okay, hear me out, it's a long story..." I wanted him to understand my point of view, so I was going to tell him everything.
"What exactly happened in between you texting me about how bored you were and you getting back home the next morning? Lulu, I'm coming to your house right now!" He stated and I could hear some background noise, indicating he was actually coming.
"No, wait, wait! I mean, everything's fine... I just... Well, the plan is... Let's say things took an unexpected turn..." I was struggling to find the right words.
"Now I have more reasons to come!" He countered.
"But my parents think I slept at your house! And that you dropped me off this morning! They also invited you for dinner..." I explained, to avoid a complete mess.
"Can't it be lunch? I mean it's almost lunchtime anyway and I need to know what happened right now!"
"Well, yeah, I guess... I have to ask my mom though..."
"Okay, then ask her and text me back as soon as you can!"
I agreed and hung up the phone.
Obviously, my mom had no issue with him coming for lunch instead of dinner.

"I just didn't want him to drive all the way back right after dropping you off, but if he's okay with it, we always have a seat for him at our table!" She responded excited and I rapidly texted Tae that he could come.
"Luna... Is there something going on between you guys?"