XXXIV. Good Blood Doesn't Lie

When I woke up the next morning, I still had a million thoughts about the previous night, but my parents interrupted them while we were having breakfast.
"So, how did it go? Was he a gentleman?" My dad asked.
"Yeah, way too much..." I said out loud what I was thinking and realised only later.
"What does that mean?" He asked with a confused and slightly worried expression.
"No nothing, dad. It was great." I said, still not sounding too enthusiastic, which I was, but I was too busy overthinking something else to express it properly. And it was obviously something I couldn't share with my parents.
"I heard the door a few minutes after midnight, should I go talk to this kid about keeping a promise?" He continued, trying to play the overprotective father figure just like he had done the previous night, even though we both knew he wasn't the type.
"No, dad, it was my fault we were late".
He didn't say anything else, because he had noticed I wasn't in the mood to talk.

After breakfast I went to my room and decided to call Tae to ask him about his night with Lia, just to get my mind off Jungkook, which was physically impossible.
"It was great, she's just great, Lulu. I seriously don't understand how she's related to your boyfriend. And like, you know how much I hate hanging out with GM kids although I'm one of them, because they all think of themselves as these almighty gods who have it all. But she's different, she didn't bring me to a super expensive restaurant just to show off. We went to the art gallery, like I told you, and I was super focused on her the whole time, but instead of leaning into that, she kept asking me to explain to her the techniques of each art piece." He sounded so excited and I smiled, I was so happy for him.
"Well, they are very much related then." I commented without thinking, because my mind thought of how Jungkook had done something similar with our date.
"What do you mean? How did your date go, by the way?" He asked.
"He was as thoughtful as his sister", I answered, before explaining to him the whole date and where he had brought me.
"Oh wow! I might have to take back what I said, that does sound great! Damn it! I hate being wrong! But I'm happy for you, Lulu." He said laughing.
"What is it? Something else happened?" He asked once he noticed I wasn't laughing with him.
"What? No, no, everything's good, I just... you know, it's really nothing... we... argh! I can't say it!" I said frustrated.
"Woah woah woah, wait! Don't tell me you-"
"No! We didn't!" I rapidly interrupted him. "But I might have started something that I don't really know how to finish... uhmm, how do I explain this?"
"Okay, wait, so you didn't have sex, good, but you kinda started it, I think, not sure how... and then what?" He tried to make a few confused guesses.
"Yeah, well, he stopped me and then told me something, which I'm not going to repeat to you, 'cause it'd be embarrassing... but what has me overthinking is the fact that I don't know if I'm ready, you know, being my first time and all." I explained, feeling uncomfortable saying some of those things out loud, but knowing that my best friend wouldn't make me feel judged.
He stayed silent for a few seconds, then spoke again.
"I'm sorry, this got me wondering if Lia has eve-"
"Oh my good God, Tae! Focus!" I interrupted him again, shaking my head at the thought of how much he liked Lia. And I couldn't say I didn't relate to that feeling.
"You're right, I'm sorry, totally inappropriate, still talking about a minor. Okay okay, back to you. Look, I get your worries, but it's very simple. When you'll feel like you want to do it, just do it. Just tell him how you feel about it and that it's your first time and I'm sure he'll be considerate of you and your feelings. God, I never thought I'd say something like that about Jeon but he really is working hard to change my opinion of him! Look, in any case you can be sure I'll be there if anything doesn't go well. And I don't care that he's the brother of the love of my life, I'll still beat the crap out of him!" He concluded firmly.
I laughed at the cuteness of his speech, but I also thought he was right. However, I felt very embarrassed thinking about having that conversation with Jungkook, but then I thought I was going to deal with that once the issue arose.

"So what do you think I should do now?" I asked him, still leaning onto him for advice.
"I don't know, text him if you want to see him. Ask him what he's doing today. I mean, when did I turn from your consultant on how to get rid of your crush for him into a relationship counsellor?" He complained.
"Okay okay, fine. Just know that you better stay in my graces, because you'll need help with 'the brother of the love of your life' one day!" I teased him and he huffed defeated.
When we hung up, I decided to follow Tae's advice and texted Jungkook, asking what he was up to, but he didn't answer.

An hour passed by and still nothing. It's not like I expected him to answer immediately or anything, I just started to get worried he may have gotten upset because I didn't answer anything but an emoji at his text from the previous night. Then I thought I was just overthinking and maybe he was still asleep. Although the week prior, when I was at his place, he woke up even earlier than me. When I had decided to let it go and stop thinking about it, I received his text.
"Hey, good morning. Sorry, I was busy, but I'm outside your house right now, in case you want to hang out," I read the message and rapidly went to look through the intercom's camera. He was actually there, in a casual hoodie and loose jeans.

"What's going on?" My mom asked, seeing I was at the door.
"Nothing, I have to go out a sec!" I answered, then put on a pair of shoes and rushed out the door.
"What are you doing here?" I asked him, while going down the few steps in front of my front door.
He turned around and saw me. Then let out a chuckle.
"I love the outfit!"
I realised I still had the tracksuit on, the one I usually wear only in the house. The green one with one of the most famous quotes from 'Next World Gen' printed on. I had had it customised, but I would only wear it in the house, because I didn't like to share with anyone my favorite tv show. But Jungkook wasn't anyone and he was a fan as well, so I didn't feel embarrassed and his comment seemed genuine even though his laugh made it seem sarcastic.
"Well, thank you. I can get you one too, so you're not too jealous!" I answered cheekily, forgetting about everything else as soon as I saw him.
"So I'm forgiven? For not answering?" He asked, after I had given him a quick kiss on the cheek.
"It's fine, I mean you said you were busy..." I answered.
"Great, you wanna take a walk?" He asked and I nodded smiling. So he took my hand and we started walking.
"So... Was it the thing your friend Jimin talked about last week? The thing you were busy with..." I asked, still curious and remembering how that guy had barged into his house the previous Sunday talking about a meeting.
"What? Mmm, yeah, I mean it's just a thing with friends..."
"Cool," I didn't want to investigate even though he didn't seem to be saying the truth and that got me wondering why he would be lying. I hated to pry in other people's lives and he hadn't been my boyfriend for long, so we were allowed to still have things we wouldn't say to each other, but I knew that if I didn't make sure it was nothing bad it would've kept eating me alive.