XXX. One-on-one

Tae drove us there and when we entered his house I instantly blushed, because all the memories of that place came rushing back. It was only a few days earlier, but it felt like already so much time had passed.
"I think Lia's in her room.. you know the way", he smiled, probably because he was thinking about those same memories.
I wanted to stay, but maybe he was right, it was something that they had to resolve with a one-on-one conversation. So I went up the stairs, while they kept walking towards the living room. What I would have given to be a fly on the living room's i-wall!

I reached Lia's door and knocked, after a few seconds she opened the door. Her face lit up as soon as she saw me.
"Oh my God! Luna! Please come in!" She dragged me inside and let me sit on her king-size bed.
"You don't know how many times I begged Bunny to give me your number in the last couple of days! I wanted to talk to you so bad! After he came back home from driving you to your house, I forced him to explain everything! You know, my dream job is to become a police investigator and I want to specialise in interrogation skills! But anyway, this is a story for another day. You know, after he explained, I felt so dumb for making that comment the first time we met here... you know, the one about his first love... I didn't know it was you, because he had never told me your name, but he has these moments when he opens up to me and throughout the years he kept telling me about this girl until my head exploded", I laughed at her enthusiasm and the way she dissed her brother.
"He was like 'she doesn't even see me, Lia! And I'm always in her face! Why doesn't she see me? What is it with you girls?'" She tried to deepen her tone to resemble Jungkook's voice.
I couldn't really believe what she was telling me. I mean, I did believe it, because she seemed to be someone who likes honesty, but it was so absurd to me that all that time I spent thinking about him, he was actually thinking about me as well.
"And then he told me he finally found the courage to tell you... To be fair, from my understanding of the facts, you were the one to make the first step, but yeah, let's give him some credit".
I laughed at her sarcastic remark and I told her she was going to be a great investigator, because her 'understanding of the facts' was on point.
We kept talking about a lot of things and I found myself really enjoying her company. After a while, someone knocked on the door.

"Hey, how's it going? How many of my secrets have you spilled already, blabbermouth?" Jungkook entered the room.
"Excuse you?! I'm not a blabbermouth! But the answer is, all of them".
She laughed while Jungkook looked defeated.
"What about you guys?" I asked, too curious to know what had happened between him and Tae.
"Let's say we came to an agreement", he answered vaguely.
"So basically you're not gonna tell me anything", I translated his answer.
"Correct", he confirmed.
"Oh wait! You talked to her best friend, like you said you wanted to do?" Lia asked.
He nodded.
"Is he still here? I want to meet him!" She exclaimed and without waiting for an answer she stood up and rushed out of the room. We followed her.

Tae was still in the living room, he was looking at some paintings on the wall.
"Hi, I'm Lia, Jungkook's younger sister!" Lia introduced herself.
He turned around and I swear I saw his eyebrows go up as soon as he saw her. He then shook her hand hesitantly.
"Taehyung", he answered, clearing his throat.
"I chose that one, you like it?" She said pointing at the colourful painting that Tae was admiring.
I noticed him looking back and forth between the painting and Lia, not really sure what to say. I knew him and I knew that face, he was flustered.
"You know, he's actually an artist himself! So you're asking the right person. Right, Tae?" I intervened, trying to get him out of that impasse.
"Yeah, well, I wouldn't go as far as artist, but I'm.. I'm interested in arts.. and this is very.. I think it's beautiful.." He managed to answer not without stuttering. It was fun to watch. I didn't recall ever seeing him act like that in front of a girl.
But then I looked at Jungkook and he didn't seem to be having much fun.
"Yeah great, I think it's time to go. I'll take Moon home and you can go back to yours". He said to Tae and it sounded like their feud was not gonna end any time soon, especially if Tae kept looking at his sister like that.
"Bunny, why are you kicking them out?" Lia scolded her brother.
Tae couldn't help but laugh, hearing that nickname. At that point, I thought I should intervene.
"Tae, why don't you drive me home?" I asked him, trying to get him out of the house before it could turn into a bloodbath.
But it only made things worse because now Jungkook was also looking at me with a frown on his face.
"Can I talk to you for a sec?" He asked me and I followed him into the kitchen.

"You don't want me to drive you home?" He asked softly, sounding worried.
"Yeah, of course. I was just trying to get Tae out of your house safely. Didn't you say you guys were good?"
"Well that was before he started giving my sister the look", he answered, crossing his arms.
"What look?"
"You know what look... THE look! She's still a baby!" He answered with his overprotective tone that I had learned to recognise.
I laughed. "A baby? She's turning 18 in two weeks and she's taking the admission test to the police academy in a few months. I think she's old enough."
"Whatever! How do you even know that?" He asked, knowing I was right.
"She told me... You know, we're close", I answered smiling.
He smiled back. "Well, I'm glad... But still, I won't entrust him with my sister! And about that, let's go back, we've left them alone for way too long".

When we got back, they were talking and Tae seemed to be more comfortable, mirroring her smiles.
"Hey! Guess what! TaeTae said he can drive me to the pub where I'm supposed to meet my friends!" Lia announced excited, already using a sweet nickname for Taehyung. After all, they kinda looked cute together, but I could understand Jungkook's point of view. It was his little sister.
"Yeah, no, I don't think so", he answered without hesitation.
"I wasn't asking for your permission! I was just letting you know! Let's go TaeTae!" She answered upset, then she grabbed Tae's wrist and lead him to the front door, leaving us in shock.
Jungkook was about to follow them, probably because he wanted to stop them. I stood in front of him.
"Hey, you can trust him. She'll be safe with him, he has always taken care of me", I tried to reassure him, caressing his chest.
"I guess...", he admitted after letting out a long sigh.
"Then shall we go too?" I asked him, with a smile.
He took my face with his right hand, squeezing my cheeks in, and then kissed me.
"Yeah, I'll take you home, Moon".