XIV. That Saturday Night

I didn't know what to do. It's not like I was busy that Saturday night. Tae was gonna leave anyway, because he said he had an annoying and pompous family dinner to attend.

"Wait here!" I told him, determined to rapidly go back inside and ask Tae for an advice.
"Can't I come in?" He asked.
"Oh, I'm... I'm not really allowed to let guys in when my parents are not around..."
As ridiculous as it sounded, it was true. Even though I was old enough, it was still my parent's house and they said that rule was gonna apply as long as I was living under their roof.
He looked at me, skeptical.
"So, what is he? A girl?" He was clearly alluding to Tae.
"Oh, he doesn't count..." I said with a forced smile.
I mean, he had a point, but my parents approved of him coming to our house even when they're not around, because they know Taehyung and the type of relationship we have.

"I'll be quick!" I said before he could say anything.
I quickly typed the door code and entered, closing the door behind me.
I went to my bedroom and rapidly did a recap of the situation to Tae.
"Oh wow... You really shouldn't go..."
This was his answer.
"What do you mean? It was your plan to get close to him! Isn't this the perfect chance?" I countered. "I mean, I decided I was gonna give up on the plan, but isn't this a good opportunity? He's probably gonna flirt with his sister's underage friends and I'll get over him..."
"Yeah, but this sounds more like getting closer to his family, not to him..."
"What do you mean?" I asked confused.
"If you get close to his family and they end up being nice people, my plan is not gonna work! You should stick to the main target, don't get attached to his family... It's gonna make things complicated..." He explained.
"Wow, you really don't have a heart..." I said, faking a dramatic expression.
He rolled his eyes.
"Okay okay, I get what you mean... If I promise I won't get too close to his family, will you approve of me going to the party tonight?" I asked, batting my eyes to persuade him.
"Fine fine... Don't do anything that I wouldn't do!"
This time I was the one to roll my eyes.

I rapidly took my purse and Tae collected his stuff to leave the house.
"You guys done?" Jungkook asked, looking still annoyed, probably because I made him wait.
"I'm telling you, Jeon, if something happens to her...!" Tae warned him, making himself look as scary as possible even though he's just a cute baby in reality.
"Oh come on! It's an high school party, what do you think it's gonna happen?" Jungkook answered, with a mocking tone.
"I'm not worried about the party, I'm worried about you!" My best friend clarified.
Jungkook frowned and I knew I had to step in.
"Tae, I'm gonna be fine... Bye!" I urged him to leave and I also went towards Jungkook's car. Jungkook did the same after shooting one last quick glare at Tae, who did the same.

Once we were in the car, he started driving and we stayed totally silent the whole time. I had never been in his car, it didn't look that expensive but it was definitely a nice car. I wasn't really focused on the car though. I was trying really hard to look outside of the car window, but my eyes kept wandering to the driver's side. For some reason, I found mesmerising the way he was moving his right hand from the wheel to his leg and then to the touchscreen to select some music. I then followed with my eyes his left hand which, after some slow music started playing, passed the steering wheel to the right hand. Now, with his elbow on the car door, his hand sustaining his head, his eyes focused on the road and the street lights intermittently lighting up his face, he looked somewhat ethereal.

"What?" He had noticed my stares.
"Uhmm... Nothing, I... was thinking... nice car... Why don't you ride it to work?" I somehow managed to make it look natural.
"Oh, I... I mean, the Lab is not that far away from my house, so..." He answered, stuttering for a second.
"Makes sense..." I decided to cut the conversation short, since I noticed we were starting to get closer to his house.

Once we were there, he got in through the back gate, stopped his car onto a platform which slowly descended into the garage, and then he parked his car next to other three cars. When we got out, I followed him through a sliding door which turned out to be an elevator that led into the house.
And there I was again, only a few hours later. I must've been crazy. This plan was really messing up my judgment. Even Tae noticed and he was the one to come up with the plan in the first place. But I had to go through with it. I had do see something bad enough to make me realize that I didn't like Jungkook.

We went upstairs and Jungkook knocked on a door, which wasn't the one to his bedroom.
Lia opened the door and when she saw me, she looked excited.
"Oh, you said yes! That's amazing! Come in!" She said, before pulling me into her room and closing the door in Jungkook's face, who in return yelled sarcastically 'You're welcome!'
Lia ignored him, she was too focused on me for some reason. I couldn't understand why she was so excited to see me, I mean, I understand the whole chaperone thing, but still. Wasn't she upset with me about what I had said that morning?

"I'm so glad you could come... Today you had to leave in such a rush that I didn't even get to properly say bye..."
She said before entering her walk-in closet and continuing to talk from there.
"Also, I really needed a female chaperone... You know, my parents were supposed to be here, but then yesterday they suddenly had to leave both for a work event or something like that and I found myself without chaperones... My parents are both only children so I don't even have cousins or aunts or uncles... Only my two big brothers... They are great, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I could really use a sister..." She explained while being totally absorbed in looking through her closet.

Her room was beautiful, the color palette was so elegant and all the furniture matched perfectly with the whole vibe. I peeked into the walk-in closet and it was huge, almost the same size as the bedroom.
"I'm an only child, so I understand what you mean..." I answered, smiling at her from the bedroom.
"Come in! I'm looking for something that would look good on you... I mean, anything would look good on you, you're so beautiful, but I really want to find the perfect outfit, as a thank you for coming... Also, I think my clothes will fit you, you're just a bit taller than me..."

It didn't happen everyday to hear someone tell me I was beautiful, well except from my parents I mean. Tae of course hates the concept of outside beauty, so he would never compliment someone on that. And from other people, well, I must've heard it a couple of times at best in my life, so I wasn't used to it and I was so taken aback by it that I didn't even say thank you.

"Oh, this is the one! Oh my God, it's perfect!" She exclaimed, taking out a long and shiny silver dress with a big slit on the side front.
"I've never worn it, because it's too long for me and I was hoping to wear it once I got taller, but I don't think that'll ever happen, so you should have it!" She explained, giving me the dress.
"Oh no, I can't, I mean I'll wear it tonight if you want but then I'll wash it and bring it back to you..." I clarified.
"No, please! Take it! I really want you to have it! I won't ever be able to wear it, it would go to waste... It'd be such a shame!" She said, pouting, hoping to convince me with her cute expression.
And she was right, she won me over.
"Okay, okay... I'll take it... Thank you so much, Lia! It's a really beautiful dress!" I thanked her.
"And it will be even more gorgeous on you, I also have the perfect shoes... Don't worry, they are open shoes, so even if I have a smaller size, it shouldn't be a problem!" She said excited, going to another section of the walk-in closet, where she kept all of her shoes.

"Tonight you're gonna look like a princess!"