XXI. Sunday Meetings

"Where are you going?" I asked him, still not understanding his new attitude.
"I'm going to the living room... I usually have breakfast there, watching Next World Gen..." He explained.
"Wait, you watch it too? What episode are you on?" I asked, getting excited as soon as I heard the title of my favourite sci-fi series.
"Season 3 episode 6"
"You're sooo behind!" I said laughing, for once I was first in something.
"Oh well, I'm sorry, then let me go catch up, so I can be at your level..." He said sarcastically.
"Can I come too? I don't mind watching it again..." I asked, forgetting the whole purpose of my visit yet again. But when it comes to my favourite series, I can't help it.

We went into the living room, which had still traces of the party of the night before. We had to get some balloons out of the way and move the couch back to the middle of the room, right in front of the i-wall. He then turned it on and selected the series. Few moments later we were sitting on the couch, eating our breakfast and being super invested into the show.
We watched a couple of episodes and time went by without me even noticing. I was enjoying it way too much, but I would've thought about the consequences later.

Then someone rang the doorbell, making us jump in our seats. I looked at the time, it was already 11:15. I had just spent two hours with Jungkook, laughing about our favourite tv show.
He stood up and disappeared into the hallway leading to the front door. Then I heard indistinct voices, which after a few seconds started to become closer.
"Wait, Jimin..." Jungkook's voice preceded the entrance of a guy I had never seen before.
"Oh, you're actually having company?" The guy said when he saw me.
I instinctively stood up.
"Yes, I told you not to come in!" Jungkook answered, putting himself between me and the guy, who kept glancing at me, with a curious look.

Jungkook huffed annoyed and, to everyone's shock, he removed his pajama t-shirt and handed it to me.
He was half naked and I wasn't really understanding why.
"Put this on..." He said in a low tone.
Then I realized I still had on the tiny silk pajama Lia had left me and I felt slightly embarrassed, so I gladly accepted his t-shirt.
I put it on and, since it was already oversized for him, it almost reached my knees.
"You should've said it before that you were with your girlfriend... Also, why didn't I know about this? Since when are you in a relationship? And why is she in your house? Your family is not here?" The guy, whose name was apparently Jimin, started asking many questions.
Him and Jungkook looked pretty close, but he looked a bit older than us, maybe a couple of years. And he was most likely another GM guy, judging only by his handsome and delicate features.

"She's not my girlfriend, Jimin... It's a long story... I know we said we were gonna go together to the meeting today, but I can't..." Jungkook answered in a whisper, as if he was trying not to make me hear what he was saying, but I did and that left me wondering what meeting he was talking about.
"You're not even gonna introduce us? It's really rude, Kook... I taught you better than this..." Jimin said to provoke him.
"Oh, shut up, you didn't teach me anything..." Jungkook answered bitterly, but it was clear it was just their dynamic. In fact, Jimin laughed at him.

"I'm Luna, nice to meet you..." I said then, finding it actually awkward not to introduce myself at that point. And I wasn't gonna wait for Jungkook, since it looked like he wasn't gonna do it.
Jimin surpassed Jungkook and came closer to shake my hand.
"Nice to meet you too, I'm Jimin... Me and the half-naked guy here are friends..." He said giggling, while I was making a huge effort trying not to look at Jungkook and his bare chest.
"Wait, you said Luna?" He then added, which made me tilt my head in confusion.
Before I could ask him why he said that, Jungkook intervened.
"Yeah, okay, nice, you did your little introduction... Now go, you're gonna be late..." He took Jimin's arm, trying to drag him to the door.
"Okay okay, I'll leave... But you shouldn't miss meetings..." Jimin said, then waved me goodbye.
I waved back, smiling.
"I know, I'm sorry... I'll be there next week, okay?" I heard Jungkook say, before his voice faded into the distance.

And I was left there, standing awkwardly, still confused by what had just happened and immersed into Jungkook's scent. Thinking about it and about how he had just stripped only to cover me made my cheeks burn. His t-shirt smelled like fresh laundry mixed with something else, something more intense, it must've been the perfume of his skin. It was so addictive that I closed my eyes and let my breathing slow down to take it in. My mind kept thinking about that scene and how Jungkook seemed to be acting protective of me, but it didn't make sense. There could be only few explanations to that behaviour and one of them included him liking me, but that was the first one I ruled out.

"I'm sorry... I forgot he was coming today..." Jungkook's voice woke me from my trance and I rapidly opened my eyes.
"It's okay, don't worry... Oh, here..." I said, ready to give him his t-shirt back.
"No, it's okay, I'll go get another one..." He said, his cheeks looking slightly reddish.
He seemed flustered, but I didn't understand why. After all he was the one naked, so I was supposed to be flustered, which I was. It was becoming really hard not to look down, so I nodded and he left to go get another t-shirt.
But he didn't make it to the door. Lia entered the room first. Her eyes went wide.

"Why are you guys naked?" She asked in shock.
I looked down and realized that, with Jungkook's big t-shirt on, it looked like I was wearing nothing else underneath.
"Oh no no, Lia, it's not like that!" I waved my hands in a rushed manner, not wanting her to think that something weird had happened between me and her brother.
"I just borrowed her my shirt, 'cause the pj you gave her was too small, Lia!" Her brother remarked.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought it would fit..." Lia apologized.
"Don't worry, it was fine... I was actually waiting for you to wake up, so I could get my clothes... I left them in your room..." I explained.
"Oh, right, yeah sure... Go get them... You know where my room is... And if you need them, I also have make up wipes, I forgot to give them to you last night..." She answered with a smile.
Then walked towards the kitchen, probably to go have breakfast.

"Let's go... I have to put some clothes on as well, so I can drive you home..." Jungkook said, going towards the stairs.
I followed him.
"There's no need, I can walk..." I answered.
"After all I put you through, it's the least I can do..." He smiled.
"I didn't have the worst time, though..." I said, smiling back, then realizing how corny it sounded.
"Really?" He asked, with a hint of hope in his voice.
I thought he was going to make fun of me for that comment or not take it seriously.
We reached the top of the stairs and faced each other.
I looked in his eyes.
I could've sworn they were telling me something.
Something I wanted to hear.
But it wasn't real.
It wasn't real.
That's what I kept repeating to myself in that moment.