XII. Bad Excuses

"Wait!"

I stopped in my tracks after hearing Jungkook's voice. I was about to turn around to see what he wanted to say but before I could do that, I felt a hand grabbing my wrist and dragging me somewhere. I saw Lia's and Jin's shocked faces and then I saw Jungkook's back in front of me and my wrist trapped in his fist.
My thoughts were all over the place in that moment. Was he really mad at me for going to his place? Where was he taking me? Was Tae right? Was I going to see how much of an asshole he was and stop liking him?
I stopped my flow of thoughts only when he opened a door, brought me inside and closed it behind us.

"Why are you here?" He asked.
I looked at him with my eyes wide open, trying to study his face, his expression. I didn't recognize that expression. He didn't look mad, but I couldn't be sure. He was slightly red on his cheeks, maybe because of the stairs. I didn't even notice them at first while he was dragging me, I was too caught up in my own thoughts, but I remembered them now because I was panting too.
"I told you, the lenses..." I said, indicating the box that he was still holding in his hand.
He put it on a table and that's when I started to look around. A desk with a few old books on it as well as all the latest technological devices, a wide bed with black sheets, a door that seemed the access to a walk-in closet, a big window facing what seemed to be their garden. It was definitely his room, it screamed his presence, even though it was less imperial than I expected it to be. I thought he would have all his trophies and medals exposed, but again, with such a big house why would he keep them in his room? They probably have a whole pavillion only for his trophies and maybe a couple more for his brother's ones.

"And you came all the way only for those? You could've waited until Monday." He asked, distracting me from scanning his room.
"I told you, I just happened to be around here, so I decided to stop by..." I kept saying the same lie, hoping it would've sounded more and more convincing every time.
"And you also happened to have brought them with you?"
I could see that the passion for questioning ran in the family.
"No, I already had them in my bag, because I accidentally put them there when we were at the lab and-"
"Yeah but that's not the bag you bring at the lab..." He interrupted me.
Why the hell does he remember that?

I felt trapped and the fact that I hadn't thought this through was starting to show. So my fight or flight response kicked in and, since fighting would've brought me only into a worse position than the one I was already in, I went for the second option.
"Whatever, now I have to go..." I said, going towards the door and opening it.
I found Lia right in front of me with a guilty smile.
"He he, sorry... I didn't mean to eavesdrop, I was just going to my room..." She justified herself.
"Lia!" Jungkook scolded her.
I didn't want to witness a family argument so I tried to ease the tension.
"It's okay, Lia... I understand it... It must be entertaining to have a womanizer as a brother, always bringing home a different girl... But I'm not one of them, trust me..."
I thought she was gonna laugh with me but when I realized that I was the only one laughing and that Jungkook was sending death glares to me, I stopped immediately. Lia looked at me confused.
"Bunny, a womanizer?"
"Lia!" Jungkook scolded her again for the nickname that I had already heard the other day when she had come to the Lab.
But she didn't pay attention to him, she was still looking at me with those big wide eyes, which were really similar to the ones of his two brothers.

"You must have confused him with someone else... My brother never brought any girl here, he's still so obsessed with his first lov-"
"Moon, weren't you, like... leaving?! You said you had something really important to do!" Jungkook interrupted his sister and started urging me to leave.
I rapidly waved goodbye to Lia, before he could drag me down the stairs and back to the front door.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to spill your secret..." I told him, understanding why he was suddenly kicking me out.
"What? What secret?" He seemed more agitated than I had ever seen him.
"Wow, by how you're acting you must be really terrified by the idea that your family finds out..."
"Finds out what?"
"That you sneak your girlfriends into the house..." I said whispering. I didn't want anyone to listen if he was that scared of them knowing.
Also, I was starting to understand Tae's plan. I mean, sneaking your girlfriends in, behind your family's back? I'm not a fan. Maybe this plan was actually going to work.
"I what? Who told you that?" He asked frowning.
"Well, apparently you've never officially brought any girl here but I've heard a few of your exes talking about being here, so I did 1 plus 1..."
"Well, they made it up, 'cause that never happened..."
"Don't worry, I won't spill your secret... Well, at least not again..." I smiled, satisfied.
"There's no secret! I told you it's not true..." He said, getting defensive.
I didn't know if he was serious or he just wanted to protect his secret so badly.
"Okay okay, fine... No need to get all worked up... Anyway, I'll get going... I already messed it up, so it's better for me to leave... I'll see you on Monday..." I said, really wanting to get out of that house. I hadn't been there for more than 10 minutes and I had already embarrassed myself multiple times.

It looked like he was about to say something but I talked again.
"Oh and say bye to your siblings for me and also apologize on my behalf for the intrusion..."
Then I opened the door and left, in desperate need of fresh air.
I started walking back to my house. It was such a bad plan to begin with, but it didn't turn out to be as useless as I expected.
Maybe listening to Tae wasn't that bad of an idea. Getting closer to him kinda worked, even though it was extremely awkward, so I decided I was done with the plan. I had already had enough. I just needed to get through those three months and then get the hell away from him. It was going to be fine. As long as I didn't meet him again after these months, I was going to be fine. It shouldn't have been that hard.

As soon as I got home, I took a long shower just to wash away the embarrassment of that Saturday morning. Those moments replayed in my head a few times: his brother asking me if I was his girlfriend, me telling his sister he's a womanizer... I mean, what the hell was I thinking? One thing is embarassing myself in front of Jungkook, I'm used to that, but now even his family. God knows what they were thinking of me now.
After lunch I finally decided to call Tae. I was ready to talk about what had happened, so I invited him over.

"Shut up! You didn't!"