Chapter 25: This Is Not What We Studied For

After lunch, we come back to class for the afternoon lessons. Auxi had already gone ahead, so she's already sitting in the back but looks focused on something.

I think about what we just heard from Sicuto's friends about the practical. Battling robots seriously seems too easy, but I can't think of anything in between. If all we know is that it's hero work, it could be rescues or some kind of catastrophe reaction test. But it also feels like Janju wasn't telling us something.

"Do you think they're right?" Tojuta asks.

"Who? Lax and Janju?" I confirm.

"Yeah, about with the practical and everything."

"Could be. I'm trying to think of other methods that wouldn't be too crazy for high schoolers."

"You guys got word of what the practical would be, too?" Uraraka walks up to our group.

"Yep. Luna let us in on some info, and then some other students agreed to it," Tojuta answers. It's then I notice we're turning a few heads toward our group. Kaminari and Ashido seem the most interested. "How about you?"

"Another student from 1-B let us in on the material. It started off unsettling, but I'm super relieved about the news. I just wonder if there will at least be some changes..."

"I'm looking forward to it!" Samae cheers and throws his fist in the air. "It was so easy last time, so it'll be awesome to have this kind of fun all over again!"

Kaminari and Ashido suddenly groan rather loudly and rush over to us with their hands pressed together as if to beg.

"Please! You're killing us!" Kaminari exclaims. "If you've got good news about the practical, stop being selfish and tell us what's up already!"

"Yeah, it's bad enough we were the ones with the lowest scores on the midterm, so just spit it out!"

"Woah, sorry, guys," Tojuta nervously chuckles and leans back from them, uncomfortable of the scene they're putting up. "I didn't realize you hadn't heard of it. I just figured since Uraraka walked up and joined in on the same subject, the news was already common knowledge."

"Shut up!" Kaminari whines. "Just cuz you placed seventh out of the twenty-four of us in the midterm, doesn't mean you can walk all over us!"

"Uh! I-I-I-I didn't mean anything like that!!" He frantically waves his hands around before taking a breath. "Anyway, some students in 1-B dropped some information for us, saying the big test will be just the robots from the entrance exam."

"Alright!!" The twos' moods almost instantly change at the news and relax a great deal.

"This'll be super easy if it's just robots!" Kaminari comments.

Ashido exhales with him. "Such awesome news!"

Shoji's mouth appendage stretches to us as he himself walks closer in. "Why do you sound so happy? You both have a hard time controlling your quirks."

"Yeah. But I can let loose with robots!" Kaminari corrects.

"And melting them will be a cinch for me!" Mina cheers.

"Now you just need Yaoyarozu to help you study and you'll be all set for finals!" Sero encourages, hyping the two up more.

"We'll definitely be able to go to the training camp now!"

"Even so, if the training camp is for hardcore training, wouldn't it make more sense to let those who failed go as well?" Tojuta clarifies.

"Probably," I reply. "I just don't think those who failed would get to participate in any fun activities."