Chapter 31: You Thought You Were Training Before?

Two words. "Pain" and "exhaustion." That's all I feel as my tired feet carry me closer and closer to the end of the woods. As my wavy vision adjusts to the evening light, I can make out a building behind four figures.

Tojuta drags his feet just behind me, his shirt just about shredded now, and he's missing a few small patches of quills. He too looks ready to collapse any second now, though I'm proud he didn't pass out somewhere in the middle of it all.

Samae's steps look the most stable out of all of us, but that doesn't mean he's definitely not tired. His knuckles are pretty scraped up, and his bared teeth show his stubborn perseverance.

Finally, Auxi has her forearm wrapped in her own bandage, and about half of the wraps she had to begin with are gone. To no one's surprise, she looks worn out as well, and her hair is a mess.

Once we near Mr. Aizawa and the Pussycats who met us back at the cliff side, we all breath a huge sigh of relief and exhaustion. Tojuta and Auxi fall to the ground to sit down with Sato and Kirishima. I give my forehead a final wipe to get the streams of sweat pouring down over my face.

Sero tiredly looks up at the red cat. "You said it would only be like three hours."

"Yeah, now it's like five in the evening or something," Auxi complains, staring up at the sky.

"I guess we timed it based on how long it'd take us. Sorry."

"Now you're bragging about how much better you are?" Sato asks. "That's so mean."

"That's garbage," I pant. "Then I take it you screw yourself over by summoning dirt monsters to fight every thirty seconds? Cuz those things just kept coming."

"I'm starving!" Kirishima yells, clutching his stomach. "This is hell!"

"Mewmewmewmew!" the blue cat, or Pixiebob, seems to laugh behind her gloves. "I thought it would take you kids even longer! But you did much better against my dirt monsters than I thought you would! You guys were seriously great. Especially the four of you!" Here she points at Midoriya, Bakugo, Todoroki, and Iida. "It seems like you've quite a bit of experience!"

She suddenly dives at them to fawn over the four. Uncomfortable of the experience, I glance aside. Tojuta looks up at me, still panting.

"So, you think this is gonna be the drill every day?"

"Dude, if we know Mr. Aizawa, he'll probably go on to say that all that was just a warm up."

"True," he groans.

"Uh," Midoriya stutters from behind Pixebob, "speaking of peoples' ages-." Whenever we were talking about that, his statement is stopped by the blue cat's paw, which, again, is shoved into his face.

"Choose your words carefully, boy," she hisses.

His scared voice comes muffled from behind. "I've just been wondering since we got here earlier, who is that kid? What's he doing here?" He points at the boy with the horned hat we saw with them earlier this morning.

"Oh, this little guy?" the red cat clarifies. "He's actually my cousin's son; he just lives with us now." She talks to the younger kid this time. "Don't be shy, Kota. Say hi to everyone. You're gonna be around them for the next week."

Staring at the kid and hearing him to be shy, I would at least expect him to be hiding behind his guardian, but instead he's standing stiffly by himself and angrily glaring at us. One thing's for sure, he is not happy that we're here.

"What's his deal?" Samae growls among us.

"I think he's just pretending to be tough," Auxi assumes. "I have siblings, so I know little kids have a way of doing that. He'll back away and go hide once we try to talk to him."