Chapter 27: Shopping Trip

The next morning, I walk into class, relieved from the fact that no stressful projects are falling upon us. I think it's just review about our results, maybe a couple lectures from Mr. Aizawa, and then an update about our summer camp plans. I don't know what to think about those who didn't pass, but they're not even here yet, so I shouldn't worry about it, I guess.

Tojuta and Auxi are over at Midoriya's desk talking, when my porcupine friend waves me over. "Morning, Seshin!"

Having no other choice, I walk over to their group. Auxi has Tojuta's arm with his sleeve pushed back and is wrapping it with one of her rolls of bandages. Midoriya, being the observant nerd he is, is examining the end of Auxi's other bandage wrapped around her shoulder with one hand and comparing it to the weights she's been having on in his other.

"So what kind of rate do your bandages heal?" he asks her.

"Eh, I'm no Recovery Girl, but let's say a skinned knee wrapped up would probably heal in two to three days, whereas they would normally recover in at least a week— trust me, I know." Auxi looks up from her work at me upon my approach. "Ain't that right, Yurei?"

"What?"

"Well, if you remember, I put a bandage on ya after the entrance exam. Your hand healed in just a few days, right?"

I try to recall the recovery period back then. "I.. don't really remember. Why? What's going on?"

"Kuiru was just still sore from y'all's fight with Carver, so I'm treating him. Midoriya just wanted to know more, so he's asking away. Need anything?"

"I think I'm good, thanks."

"Okie." She casually finishes off the cycle around Tojuta arm and ties off the end. "There! How do you feel, man?"

Tojuta takes his arm back and stares at the white strip for a few seconds in what looks like concern. "I just one have a question."

"'Kay?"

"Where do these grow from?"

"Outta my body from slits in my shoulders. Why?"

That sounds. . . weird.

Midoriya looks up with a theory. "So are they like your hair and fingernails? Made from dead skin cells?"

What??

Auxi thinks to herself before shrugging. "I dunno. Maybe. But it's good for ya! That's all I know!"

Disturbed, Tojuta and I stare back at the treated arm. He reaches his other hand to play with the bow keeping the bandage wrapped but hesitates and clutches his fist instead. "I'm not sure how to feel about this. . ."

I guess it's true what they say: sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.

I shake my head of the thought and turn back to my desk in the back of the column. "Okay, that's enough anatomy for today."

As I sit down in my usual seat, the door slowly slides open, revealing Kirishima, Sato, Ashido, and Kaminari, heads hung in the boys' cases whereas Ashido is crying her head off.

Midoriya stands from his desk and walks to the group with Sero. "Woah, are you guys okay?"

"Just depression mixed with a little loss of sleep. I couldn't get much rest last night after yesterday's results." He glances back at the other three behind him. "And it turns out, I wasn't the only one."

"E-everyone," Ashido wheezes, sobbing through her words. "I'm looking forward to hearing- all your stories- of how fun camp was."

"Maybe they'll end up letting you go," Midoriya encourages, probably not exactly knowing how to react. "There might be a last minute twist or something."