Chapter 28: Arcade Avenue

Luna Nightwind. I never gave her my number, so she must've gotten it from Auxi. I open the banner and type back.

Me: What do you want?

Luna: You doin something?

Me: Heading home. Why?

Luna: Can you help me with something?

Me: Like what??

Luna: Auxi wouldn't shut up to me and I gotta be somewhere. I was hoping to go with a friend, but as soon as I brought it up to her, she sorta invited herself.

Oof.

Me: What do you want me to do about it?

Luna: It's going to be so weird if she does come by herself. Can you come with or at least get your friends?

Me: What's so bad about that?

Luna: It just is.

Me: I think you'll be fine.

I pocket my phone as the subway comes to a stop, and I walk for the surface. About a few minutes later, I feel my phone buzz again. Still Luna.

Luna: Fine! You remember Sheru?

I take a second to try to remember who that is.

Me: Who?

Luna: Sorry. Phoenix. Do you remember him?

Me: Yeah, Hosu and all that.

Luna: I just wanna hang out with him AS FRIENDS, and since Auxi all of a sudden inserted herself here, she's just gonna bother us and be a huge third-wheel.

I see what she's saying. I remember when Auxi and Ashido pulled me into a group chat just to get me closer to Hagakure, and that's probably what Auxi will attempt with Luna and Phoenix, er, Sheru I guess. I close the contact and open the +4.

Me: Auxi, what did you do??

She almost immediately answers back.

Auxi: What??

Me: You can't just invite yourself to someone's hangouts like that.

Auxi: Oh. She sounded okay with it.

Auxi: You know. Over text that is.

Auxi: I need a makeup for this afternoon!

Samae: I'm sorry, what's happening?

Me: Samae, Tojuta, you guys wanna chill some place later?

Me: Luna invited us to keep Auxi in line.

Auxi: Hey!

Samae: I guess I would want someone to do the same for me. Sure.

I figure Tojuta is still busy at the police station, so I leave a message.

Me: Tojuta, once you read this, let us know what you're doing.

I get back to the chat with Luna.

Me: Samae and I are in. Tojuta is yet to respond, but just go ahead and give me the details. I'll let the guys know.

Luna: thx I'll double check with Sheru and let him know.

I drop my phone back in my pocket and continue down the sidewalk for home.

Much later, after showing what I got to Mom and getting approval, I sit on my bed and review the pamphlet for camp. While many attractions and activities catch my eye, I know it won't just be free fun. They don't call it training camp for nothing, and since the location is ginormous yet a secret, I'm sure anything goes there. It'll probably suck.