Chapter 20: Showdown in Hosu- Part 1

I'm once again lying in my hammock and staring at my phone screen, reading some of my classmates' remarks about their internships and trying to respond in a proper way. Though he didn't talk about his internship at all, it was quite apparent that Bakugo hates his choice. He seems more grouchy than usual, but that could just be me reading his text the wrong way. Among the rest of my fellow students, there are some pretty interesting stories about their internee's methods of training. However, one particular conversation catches my eye in my favorite group chat. After the usual questions and complaints of how everyone's training was going, an unexpected text shows up.

Auxi: Hey guys?

Auxi: How would you feel if I left the hero course?

Tojuta: No! It wouldn't be the same!

Samae: It wouldn't be the same indeed.

Samae: In all seriousness though, I don't see why you would.

Samae: Why? Are considering it?

Auxi: eh sorta

Tojuta: waitwaitwait back up

Tojuta: What makes you want to do this? Remember, this hero course is a great opportunity! Think of your outcome! You'd be a hero and save lives!

Auxi: I know, but I think its just how my quirk is for the job.

Auxi: Think about it. My quirk is literally these bandages coming out of my shoulders. Sure they pretty handy but not very useful in battle and rescuing.

Auxi: Look at sero. He's basically the same quirk as mine but sticky on the elbows while mine is healing inducing.

Auxi: There's a reason I chose recovery girl's office. I think I'm best fit for medical purposes. I could still save people but just as a doctor or something.

Tojuta: I can see that. That's cool, Auxi!

Samae: I don't really have a good argument to give against the idea.

Auxi: Seshin u been quiet. Whaddya think???

Me: I really don't care. Class will change definitely, but if you're sure about this...

Auxi: Not entirely. I dont have anything set in stone. I'm looking at dropping out sometime after the internship.

Tojuta: Maybe you can change classes! You'd still be around and we can still meet up at lunch!

Auxi: Hey yeah! Maybe general studies or the business class or something.

Tojuta: Well that's where Sicuto is, but if you like the idea.

Auxi: I dunno who u talkin bout but I'll think about it.

Samae: You do that. I gotta go. See ya!

Tojuta: Same here. Have a good day, guys!

Me: Yeah, you too.

Auxi: Guud-buyyyyyy!!

I close my phone and get changed to begin the day. The morning is pretty much a repeat as yesterday; get my Shogi schedule, eat breakfast, play a few matches, meditate, then lunch, which was simple, just a sushi platter and rice. Then comes another surprise.

Just as I believed there wasn't anything else out of the ordinary that could happen, I have an unexpected encounter right after lunch. Just as my schedule states, I'm supposed to have another match of Shogi up in the captain's office, so that's where I leave the lunch room to. I review some of my strategies before walking in. When I do, I see the captain's not in here but some teen, probably older than me, rummaging through the treasure chest next to the captain's desk. He doesn't look like he's from around here. I haven't seen him around the city or the agency at all.