Chapter 12: Preparation

School starts back about a week later. We all figure that Mr. Aizawa is still recovering which means there's a great possibility for a sub. Most of the class talks about the attack, complimenting how powerful All Might was and pointing out their terrifying close scrapes. I hardly give a squat at the moment, so I just sit at my desk, getting some meditation time in. Samae lazily leans in his desk, and Auxi is somewhere around the room doing whatever. Tojuta is drawing ideas for his own special move on a scrap piece of paper.

After he, Samae, and Auxi asked what I was talking about in the group chat the other day, I showed them what I had learned after air hockey. Samae insisted I try to fight with it against him, and he got it good.

Tojuta taps me on the shoulder. I look over and he shows me his paper. "What do you think?" It's a basic sketch of him on his hands and feet in a push-up position with a new gadget of some kind around his chest, hidden in his back quills. A few vents at his sides and plates to attach to his back that look like their supposed to hold about half his quills upward. He explains, "I'm thinking something that can aim my quills straight off my back. If I can have these air compressors built onto my costume, I can shoot a barrage of my quills if I get down on all four like this. I call this move Pin Missile!"

I glare at him. "That's Pokémon, dude."

"I was hoping you wouldn't notice," he sighs.

"Just get a more original name for it, and I think it's cool."

"AUXORIYA!!" Iida runs in and explodes up front, swinging a demanding ax hand.

"What?" Auxi innocently answers as she steps back from the chalk board with a big smile on her face. As she steps back, she reveals to the class a picture of a whack, disoriented face she probably got off the internet. Below it, she has written 'Auxi was here.' Some of the class laughs at the picture.

"This is disrespectful to UA property! Erase it immediately and return to your desk!!"

"But I want the sub to see my art," she complains with a smile, bouncing on her knees like a whiney child.

"They will disapprove! This is UA, the best school in Japan! You are being a bad example!"

"Well then it sure is a good thing I'm not class rep then, huh?" She continues with her drawing. Hopeless, Iida walks back to his desk. "Now if Mr. Aizawa was still right as rain, then-."

The door slides open, and, to our great surprise, Mr. Aizawa walks in, his face all bandaged up like a mummy and both his arms in casts. The guy may be injured still, but he's still intimidating.

"Morning, class," he greets. His usual tired voice is muffled from the many layered bandages around him.

"MR. AIZAWA, WHAT'RE YOU DOING HERE?!?" the entire class yells from the surprise. One would think that after getting mauled in an all out fight, Mr. Aizawa would be resting to recover from his fatal injuries. He must take his job too seriously!

Iida raises his hand. "Mr. Aizawa! I'm glad you're okay!"

"My condition isn't important. We've still got work to do. So I'm here to teach."

He steps in up to Auxi, who's wearing a terrified face of pride. He glances at the chalk board then at Auxi. "I see we have an artist that likes to fool around in here," he sarcastically comments. "Do you think heroes should fool around, Auxoriya?"

"Uhhhhh..."

"You're dusting erasers after class. Put the chalk down and return to your desk."

Auxi does as she's told and sits up straight in her desk. She's really pushing Mr. Aizawa's limits here.