Chapter 33: In the Dark

I mentally growl as Toru Hagakure awkwardly walks over. I try to squarely look where her eyes would be and inwardly beg that she just has a different number.

"So..." she nervously starts before holding up her slip, showing just the lines I feared. "You.. uh.. you got four too, right?"

Let's see, I could just shove this in my pocket and never bring it up again, but c'mon, that's just rude. "Yep," I admit, holding it up.

"...Oh." She sounds just as surprised before we go back into silence.

I swear, I was set up. But how? It was random. Don't get me wrong; it just feels weird. Teens of the opposite gender should not be paired up and sent into the woods with almost no supervision. Still, I'm not in a position to argue, so I keep my mouth shut.

"Seshin!" Mineta moans and wobbles over to me from Aoyama, who's breathing a sigh of relief. His eyes are all crazed, and he's drooling out a waterfall. "Trade. With. Me. Please!"

Hagakure slightly steps behind me as I sigh through my teeth in annoyance at the pathetic twerp. "Seriously? You haven't even been assigned a scarer role and yet here you are."

"Seshin... Please!"

The very nerve. The fact that he's only up to my waist in height makes me just want to kick him square in the face. One side of me practically begs me to, saying, "Please! By all means!" Best not to though. I instead lift him with my flames and hold him up. "Did anyone lose their child or do I drop kick them?"

"He's with me," Samae groans, holding up two slips of paper, both with the number six.

"Oof," I reply, roughly forcing the pervert at him.

"Thanks."

Hagakure's sleeve furiously waves at Mineta to add to my riddance. "And stay over there, you freak!!"

I guess I could've ended up with Mineta, so it could be worse. With that in mind, I hear Pixiebob call us over for the first people to enter. I sigh and trudge over into line, Hagakure noticing and following close behind. "Let's just get this over with."

I'm not really looking forward to this. Not just because it will be incredibly awkward, but because surely Auxi and possibly Ashido will hear of it and will instantly be all over me about it. At the same time though, it could be fun. Just wait until the classes' roles of scarers and wanderers swap. Together, we could definitely pull off something terrifying.

As the cats instructed, we are being released into the dark forest every three minutes. First Tokoyami and Shoji then Bakugo and Todoroki. During those six, it's pretty silent. Makes sense though. Those four aren't really fazed by much.

Until it's our turn, I glance around at the other teams. Auxi's going in with Jiro before us, and behind us are Yaoyarozu and Aoyama followed by Uraraka and Asui. Behind everyone, Midoriya shudders, looking back and forth between directly ahead of himself and his partner, Kyor.

Wait, Kyor?? He's in 1-B; what's he doing here?? Plus, I thought he went back to the cabin with our five and Monoma. Finally, a pair of screams sound off and Kyor slightly smiles. Weirdo.

I look back ahead, seeing Jiro and Auxi have already gone in, supposedly being the source of the sounds. Just a couple more minutes then we'll be let in. It can't be that hard. We just need to retrieve our flags then get out. Besides, I believe I've seen all the class B students by now, and each of them seem interesting instead of scary, excluding Kyor, who's not even playing scarer.

"Next team!" the blue cat enthusiastically waves. "In goes 'Hoodie' and 'Ghost Gal!'"

'Hoodie?'