CHAPTER 04

Vigilant
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

            TORD stared at the wall as he lay still on his very own bed. The room oddly felt cold. His eyes would dart from each corner, staring at nothing but complete darkness. Except for the dim light that shone through the cracks of his door. The anime posters that were pinned through out his walls didn't help at all either, he felt like he was being watched by their eyes, as they were all on him. It was getting increasingly difficult for him, but knowing it wasn't the time to happen soemthing like this, it occurred to him every night. In this very room where he is right now. He tossed and turned around, trying to sleep in a better position but nothing helped at all. He closed his eyes, and as soon a he did, he saw his dead mother staring at him.
Saying the words that haunted him and still did even now.
"Ditt utakknemlige barn."
Tord fluttered eyes open wide, staring at his side as his vision became teary. He really couldn't take it anymore, it was always like this. Tord was getting tired, exhausted, he became fatigued the more sleepless nights passed. Despite the fact he could of easily chosen therapy over this, apart of him was stubborn. He reminded himself it wouldn't last long, but he ended up lying to himself in the end.

He ripped the sheets off of him, bare feet touching the cold ground as a terrible migrane hit his head. He let out a groan as he rubbed his temples harshly, the pain increasing even more when he stood up and began walking toward the door. "Ugh, faen-" he cursed, while twisting the knob of his door as he walked out. All he had to do was head to the kitchen and find pain killers that were probably somewhere in the cabinet. He just had to walk through the hallway and then—and then the pain only kept increasing. What is this? He paused, dizziness taking over him as he placed his hand on the wall for support. But the next thing he knew, his eye sight became blurry and losing his vision, not even caring who was calling his name before he passed out on the ground.

Tord didn't know what had happened, or what went on, but once his eyes opened, he jolted his up with alert. But as soon as he did, the first thing he saw was Tom, "Oh, fuck!" he yelped, staggering back a bit as if something scared him. Tord stared at him in disbelief, eyes slowly narrowing. "Jehov-" he was cut off by the black eyed male who rose his hand up in defense. "Before you start sputtering bullshit. You owe me, commie." Tom said, his arms crossing across his chest. "Why would I even-" he was cut off again and that only irked tord further more.
"Listen, I saw your dumbass pass out in the hallway while everyone was asleep. You looked stupid, so I decided to help you up." Tom spoke with pride, as he did something really good and he was expecting to get some reward. Tord scrunched up his nose, but realizing that his headache still slightly present, he clicked his tongue. The sound made Tom look at the Norwegian,"Be fucking thankful," Tom spat out when Tord groaned loudly, burying his face into the palms of his hand. That made the other male blink, he stared as if he'd answer without questioning. Tord looked up at him through his covered face, "Painkillers."

"What?"

"Painkillers," Tord reiterated his phrase again, "I wanted to get get painkillers for this awful headache."
"You didn't even drink, how the fuck are you getting a hangover? Mine was even worse." Tom sneered, and Tord didn't bother to respond. Instead, he asked him, "Do you have them or not, right now?"
Slightly taken aback, Tom didn't answer for a split second, before grumbling something under his breath which tord assumed would be a string of curses. without a word, he threw the pill container over him, and the norski was quick to receive it. He uncapped it, popping a few into his dry mouth as tom stared at him, before moving his lips to speak. "Aren't they gonna get em stuck to your throat if you swallow them dry?"
Tord refrained himself from closing the cap, facing Tom with a raised eyebrow. This was enough to signal the other that his question sounded pretty stupid, he but his lip and darted his narrowed eyes away.
"...that sounded really fucking dumb."
Tord couldn't help but let out a hum, "it did." he nodded and that only pissed Tom further. "Hey, you owe me bastard."
"What for?" Tord tilted his head to the side, glancing at him. "Helping me back to my bedroom after I passed out?" the statement only fumed anger inside the brit. "Yeah, that. Fucker." the horn haired male shrugged, "We're roommates, aren't we supposed to help each other?" he provoked, knowing that Tom would soon lash out dangerously, but he really needed the male out of his room, despite getting help—which he was thankful for, but also left in wonders.

"Hey jehovah," Tord suddenly called out and Tom blinked, his raging expression turned stoic. "You're the one who ditried my towel this morning, right? Let's also not forget how you poured smirnoff all over my washed hair, to what extent do I owe you?"
"You—!" Tom clenched his fists, before sighing, letting out a deep chuckle that slightly made Tord uncomfortable. "I don't know why my fucking consciousness decided to act up and treat you all friendly, and then you decide to be a fucking ass."
"Shut it, Tom. What kind of reward were you expecting to get from me?" that question come out of no where, catching both the men off guard. "Maybe I just wanted to fool around with you a bit." Tom finally spoke with a grin that looked close to a maniac's, then taking stomping his way out of the room, leaving the norski all alone wondering.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[A/N]: Apologies if there were any grammatical errors found!! This part is very unedited lol, anyways, hope you enjoyed this chap!