CHAPTER 00

Prologue

Tord was never the type to bleed, sweat, and fear. So, what the hell was this? Why the hell did he keep seeing himself trapped in a cage, and someone who kept guarding him, preventing him to get out of the ridiculously large cage that held him captive. Just, what the hell was that? What the hell is this, again?

He jolted from his bed all of a sudden, sweat dripping down his face. Ah, bloody hell was that? Those were his normal night terrors, something he'd usually get every fucking night, that prevented him from getting normal sleep. Ha, funny, he never got any blink of good sleep if he recalled his memories after that one incident with his now deceased mother. The woman was dead.
So why does she keep coming in his dreams, was this a type of vision?

Tord brought  his shaky palms onto his sweating face, pushing it down as he wiped them away. Nothing helped, his body was heating up, he could feel as if someone had put burning coal inside his skin. To say the very least, his skin was turning red. Or was he just having a fucking panic attack at this time of the night? He looked around frantically, suddenly glancing at the bedside digital clock that lighted "2:14am" in bright red. Tord sighed heavily, balling up his fists then loosened. His grip tightened onto the covers that he wrapped himself into, though. There's still more hours left, it's not even close to 4AM. So there's really no use to stay up this long, he needed to go back to sleep eventually, but then, why can't he? Why can't he sleep? This was beyond frustrating. What was even haunting him?

Maybe a glass of cold water will help. Yeah, water. His mind clicked. He moved the sheets around him and jumped out of bed, making his way out of his bedroom. But the sudden numbness that washed beneath his feet made it harder to walk. He had to support himself to stand from the bed frames as he stood and took little steps. He felt like a fucking baby with his first steps. He grimaced, trying to stand still yet at the same time stepping faster. A few seconds went by as he reached his rooms door knob, by that time, his numbing pain had already subsided.

Sighing heavily, he pushed the door open and closed it behind him, then making his way to the kitchen. Though it seemed like someone had already been there, huh, that was odd.
Tord shook his head, the lights were still off, so why assume something like that?

He entered the kitchen casually, walking to the water dispenser and stood parallel to it. Bringing a cup down and as he was about to fill it with water, he got a glimpse of a figure—

Suddenly feeling himself hitch in his breathing, there was definitely someone. He sighed again, maybe this was Edd—yeah, it is Edd. Who knew, maybe this guy wanted to get cola or some shit at around midnight.
"Oh, Edd, what are you doing here in the middle of the night?" he spoke, although one could make out that his voice quivered in the end. Still, he had to force himself to believe it was Edd. "Needed some cola n' shit, huh?" he continued, nervously chuckling as he was half way through filling the cup with water.

The figure—or so thought who was Edd—stopped whatever he was doing, mainly shuffling something which Tord really couldn't make out.
"Edd?" the figure repeated the name. And that was enough to let the norski confirm his doubts that this was not Edd. He breathed heavily, his half filled cup of cold water now slipped from his hand as it splashed on the ground. He could careless about that later. Later—yeah, would he even be alive and make it out to be there later? For fucks sake, this person in front of him could be a murderer, or even a thief who broke in to steal shit and now maybe he's in the kitchen, who knows he's holding a knife right now, ready to stab Tord right then and there.