CHAPTER 01

Morning Misconceptions

Tord blinked, his eyes boring into his breakfast plate that had fresh eggs and bacon that were still smoking out. Edd had it removed it from the pan just a few seconds ago and placed it onto his plate. These were always his favorite type of breakfast to have every morning, but today he felt himself out of breath. Edd stared him for a good minute or two, before speaking up. "Tord, you haven't even touched your food yet. Are you still that sleepy, or have you gotten enough blink of sleep?" Edd said.

Tord looked up from his plate to the other male, shaking his head violently. "No, I slept well. Thanks for your concern." Edd frowned at Tord's response, "No, Tord. It's not that I'm concerned—well, partially, I am but—your dark circles under your eyes tell something else."

Matt, who decided to chime in, reasoned before Tord could reply. "Yeah! Getting enough beauty sleep that's worth 8 hours, is good for health." Tord only gave a stiff nod at this, surely, he didn't get good 8 hours of sleep. Since when? He didn't remember, but he hasn't gotten for over the past years. He took short naps in evenings or so, that seemed sufficient for him. But he knew that was temporary. He watched the two of his roommates chew and munch onto their meals. Tord seemed to take their wordings as a console for him. He felt glad that his roommates were bothered to look out for him. But just as he had smiled at the thought of it, an annoying voice  he was far too familiar with rang in his ears, he snapped again. "Ugh," Tord mumbled under his breath.

"What are ye' smiling at?" Tom said, his words sounding muffled due to the munching onto his cereal. Tord had to hold himself from cringing so hard as he watched the other male grind down the cereal aggressively between his teeth. This guy had some pretty sharp canines, far more than a normal human could have. He ignored the males previous question, only to be met with a scowl, and that just forced him to reply the males previous question. "Oh I don't know, I thought of something happy. Then you just had to ruin it. Can't I think something that makes me fucking smile?"
"Hey, hey—stop right-fucking-there—when did I ever say that you couldn't smile, huh?"

"Oh, I don't know, seemed like it!"

"Well,doesn't seem like it. So you got it wrong!"

"Oh, well, then, should I fucking apologize? I'm sorry?"

"What the-" Tom growled, he banged his fists, making everyone who sat on the diner table glance up at him. "-I've dealt enough with your bullshit, commie!" Tom yelled, pointing his finger out toward the male.

"Stop it, you two!" Edd stood up, banging the table with his fist louder than the previous one done by Tom. This time all the heads snapped toward his direction, Matt had his eyes widened, but decided to keep his mouth shut. Not wanting to get involved. "I've dealt enough bullshit you two keep bringing up." Edd turned his glare toward Tom. "You," he started, "Stop being so rude!" Tom looked at him in disbelief, he turned his sight to Tord who sat across him, then back at Edd. He wanted to speak, but no right words could come into his mouth. His throat felt suddenly itchy.

"Unbelievable... Edd...you take his side?" he slowly mouthed out. Tord just watched everything in silence.

"Tom-" Edd glared at Tom, as if mouthing something which Tord couldn't quite get.

Tom only in return pushed the diner table away from him, shaking it violently enough to let the plates move for a few seconds. "Ugh, fuck, I can't believe you've done this to me!"
He stormed out of the kitchen immediately after.

Everyone, and everything went quite after that. Edd looked stressed, so the other two didn't bother, or dare to say anything. They ate their meals in utter silence. Matt was the first one to finish his breakfast as he stood up, his now dirty dish held in hand, then walking to the sink and began to wash the plate and the rest of the remaining dishes that were laid there soaking in the soapy substance.

Edd and Tord were the only ones left at the table, who still had yet to complete thier meals.

"I'm sorry."
Tord suddenly spoke up, making Edd look up from his half finished plate. "..what?" he asked, implying that he didn't quite get what Tord had just said. "I'm sorry, Edd. I feel like a huge burden to everyone in the house... I mean, Tom doesn't like me, or even my existence being all around him, for that matter, and well, I'm all just trouble to you." Edd watched him speak in disbelief, his mouth slightly ajar. "Ah? Bloody hell, no!" Edd protested Tord's reason. "You aren't a burden, never, from the start. What even made you think that way?"

"Well-"

"All you need to know is:No, you are never a burden to anyone of us, Tord."
Tord seemed to beam at Edd's response, who still continued to eat, slowly. "Expect a few misunderstandings and some cracks here and there, when it comes to Tom." he finished.
Well, that was true, he shrugged. He couldn't have a better reason to give anyway that described both his and Tom's relationship ever since Highschool. Didn't know that guy much, and he was merely even intrested in knowing him at all.

So then, why bother even thinking about him?

His mind snapped back to reality, realizing that Edd had already finished by now as he walked back to the sink, placing his dirty dish in, while Matt glared at him, telling him to wash his own dish.

Tord stared at his own plate, all unfinished and untouched, still from before. He had to finish it, but—he just suddenly felt no appetite. But then again, skipping breakfast is bad. For some reason, that line played onto his head with Matt's voice who sounded awfully like a dad—that was awfully weird, feeling slight shivers run into him.

Lifting his fork up, he quickly dug in, finishing up hastily as he rushed to the sink and washed his plate, then placing it in the stand nearby to let it dry. He washed his hands, then wiped them dry with a rag that hung low on the kitchen wall that was just beside the diner table.

Great, now he's just gonna take a cool, warm shower to freshen himself up, and his mind.

[A/N]
Hahaha omg 2 chapters in a day?? Wait, uhm, scratch that in a day—it's literally late here-around 2am here lolol. Anyway, I should really get good enough sleep cuz I always end up waking 7 hours late than the timing I'm supposed to wake up, ahhaa.My mom will kill meeeee
sorry agGAiN because my chapters SucKkk-
Anyway I hope you enjoyed reading my shitty chapter! Haha until next time
ψ( ' ∇ ´ )ψ