CHAPTER 00

EPILOGUE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

TORD finds himself waking up in Tom's bed that morning. The window is open wide and beams of sunlight leak through, blinding his sight for a second as he winces and struggles to adjust his eyes to the light. Beside him, something—someone shifts. Tord is pulled more closer by the hands around his back, and when he finally managed to get a clear view, he sees Tom snuggle into his chest. The spiky light brown hair sticks out of the sheets they're covered in. It's around spring, and still a little chilly outside. "Jehovah," he groans when Tom has him wrapped around himself. And Tord wants to go the bathroom suddenly. "I need to go to the toilet," he says, wriggling out of the grip and Tom only hums, bringing himself close to the man's chest. "I really need to go piss," Tord repeats with a frustrated sigh, pushing Tom off with much force this time.  When he's out of the grip, he pushes the sheets off of him and gets out of the bed, feet stomping on the cold floor. He feels Tom shift beside him, his hands wrap around the Norwegian's forearm. "It's early in the morning," he says groggily, voice raspy. Tord yawns, before shaking Tom's hand off him. "I'll be back after using the bathroom." He says, giving a gentle squeeze to Tom's hand before leaving him alone on the bed. When he returns back after a few minutes, Tom is still laying on the bed, except he's on his phone. He doesn't notice the man's presence, so Tord decides to sneak up on him. He crawls right in front of him, and when Tom notices the bed dipping from the weight of him, Tord pulls the phone away and holds it high. "Give it back," he whines and Tord grins at his reaction. "It's still early in the morning," he retorts back at him and Tom frowns as he leans in. "You're being annoying right now." He sighs, his fingers travel behind his neck and pull at his messy locks, and Tord leans closer to him—thinking he's inviting in for a kiss but instead gets head-butted. "Ouch, what the hell?" He winces with a hiss, rubbing his forehead with his other free hand. Tom takes it as an advantage to grab his phone away from him, pushing Tord down on the bed in the process. The bed creaks beneath them, as a breathe is knocked out of the norskis lungs. "Ugh, you really want to kill me, this early in the morning?" He breathlessly  laughs when Tom has his hands on either side of his head. He looks up, the sunlight beams across the man's face and it only makes him look more attractive in light. Tom smiles at him, reaching at the corner of his eyes as they narrow.
Tord can't help but cup Tom's cheeks, squeezing and stretching them out, "Asshole," he mutters with a smirk and Tom lets out a breathy chuckle, his body shaking over him.

They end up staying on the bed a little  longer than usual that day. When they come down for breakfast, Edd is playing with Ringo on the sofa, while the TV plays in the background. Tom is the first one to go downstairs, leaving Tord alone to come second. When he does return, he finds the male already finishing his breakfast. "You didn't wait for me," he pouts, and Tom stands up, placing his previous bowl of cereal into the sink. "I got hungry. Anyways," as he washes his hand, then washing them off on a dry rag hanging off the chair. He continues, "Did you think...about what I said last night?" There's uncertainty in his eyes and his speech. Tord flinches at his words, recalling last night's talk. I don't want to. I'm not ready. I'm scared.
"We're leaving today, so get ready after you're done."  He says, before walking out of the kitchen.

I'm don't know if I'm ready yet.

Tord pushes aside his thoughts, just the way he pushes his hair back with his fingers, and stares at the ceiling.
He finishes his meal a lot slower this time, since he's still contemplating whether to go or not, caught up in his mind.

"Visit my mother? Isn't it already too late?"  He asks Tom, eyes wide in shock. "I think...it's for the best. It's for your own good, dumbass." He sighs, taking another sip from his flask. "So that...you wouldn't regret it in the last moment. Don't make the same mistake again."  Everything goes quite after that for a minute, and Tom speaks up again. "...I just— I think it's better if you see her now. You won't be alone, I'll be there with you."